NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Voltage (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/122185-voltage.html)

paula_w 05-15-2010 02:40 PM

Voltage

This article from pipeline email reminds me of a conclusion made by former forum poster michael7733 [ or numbers similar ]after researching for a cause of pd in great depth.

He said, "In the end it's electricity, and water."

http://www.utsa.edu/today/2010/05/neuronresearch.html

paula_w 05-15-2010 07:24 PM

fascinating

lindy, i can't remember how to spell words either - had to look and modify fascinating.
This electricity intriques me very much, because we already know it can't be simple - is it time to call in the electricians and techies to try to help. Surely we are more challenging than any super computer. We have souls....just primed for testing.

Amidst all the chaos, electricity and magnets make sense. We are coming unglued - the Baby Boomers are getting grumpy; we are going to suffer loss of quality of life so staying mentally and physically active is important [I'm in physical therapy now and have built up a little muscle and might be overcoming sciatica.....]

And I know teeth pain and infection, loosing teeth - can bring you way down and make you very stressed. you don't eat....it hurts, i then bite my lip in exactly where the last bite made a hole. This results in tears and i'm f inished trying to eat.

I've already been in the situations above and regularly have to get emergency dental work. But who cares?

I don't think any of the billiions being tossed around and huge salaries and trips, to make a pitch, I just don't accept that amymore. They could help the actual pwp since the treatments go belly up. Subtypes - ten more years to prove -and in the meantime they are going to be looking at less advanced..and not on meds, but the advanced will be overwhelming and impossible to ignore.

THEY MUST LOOK AT ALL OF US.
excuse the outburst.

I only set out to say......electricity and magnets are forces that can overcome mankind in a day. Fascinating. With all the space junk, who knows what forces are dealing with - what if we are changing time?

wowee and anything is possible.

michael7733 06-11-2010 03:54 PM

Put it all together and what do you get?

First, I would like to apologize for the length of this post...I really don't like long posts...

why i feel that neurological diseases are becoming more prevalent.

• two important things happened in the 1940's that would prove to greatly impact our diet. Those 2 things were 1) the end of world war 2 and a move toward using additives in massive amounts to enhance agricultural soils. 2) the beginning of the acceptance of fast foods as a major part of our diet..
  • resulting from these two 'events' were and are several other cascades of ongoing, progressive events 1)a slow decline in the vitamin/mineral content of agricultural soils. 2) a corresponding weakening of the immune systems of our crops leading to the need to use more and stronger pesticides and herbicides, leading to the manufacture of more potent synthetics.(use more-need more, use more-need more). 3) To a great degree, our present-day diet does not provide enough live enzymes or pro-biotics to sufficiently support our digestive systems. Even if we were capable of pulling every nutritious molecule out of the fast, overcooked, practically nutrient-stripped food that we eat, it would not be enough. Animal model studies indicate that this type of diet will eventually lead to sterility somewhere between the 7th and 10th generation. illness is eminent.
  • due to the depletion of vital nutrients being received by the plants, there was and is a corresponding depletion of vital nutrients reaching us, and a corresponding generational weakening of the human immune system has been and is ocurring. We, in turn, are also adding more and more chemicals to our bodies (pharmaceuticals and synthetic vitamins, etc.) use more-need more, use more-need more..
  • each successive generation suffers more and more structural abuse due to the insufficient and sub-standard building blocks of our physical being ( i won't take time here to name the many vital nutrients). we are becoming houses built of straw instead of bricks, so to speak..
  • at the same time, insult has been added to injury by the bombardment of our bodies by man-made chemicals that our already weakened immune system cannot identify or deal with. the body attempts to eliminate what cannot be metabolized or further broken down and prepared for use by and for the body's billions of hungry and thirsty cells, but it is not always successful in its attempt. that which remains is stored or roams around inside of us looking for another substance to 'hook up' with ( a marriage and quick divorce so to speak). the damage is done, and the molecular molester moves on to destroy again. it might mimic an enzyme or break up an already existing union or cause damage or death some other invasive way( this is where i would discuss mitochondrial mahem, or respiratory interference, or energy drain or neurotransmitter displacement or some such event that would eventually lead to an untimely death of our cells)..
  • as more and more cells die and more and more energetic pathways are blocked, and energy transfers are denied, corresponding mechanisms and interchanges are adversely affected. the cascade continues..
  • vital checks and balances are no longer in play, and therefore certain lines of communications are no longer open or incorrect information is being received. the quantitative matrix that regulates and coordinates supply and demand is no longer coded properly ( we could discuss dna and severed rna, and genetic breakdown or mutation here)..
  • dis ease begins to show up in our bodies in the form of symptoms that we group together and define as disease. some have a group of symptoms that we have named ALS or MS or PD or PKU or PSP or MSA or some other grouping of convenient letters. our symptoms are categorized, and we become a statistic..
  • in the meantime, back on the farm, we have allowed our chemicals to be washed from the farm and into the wild where the same scenario will occur among the populus of other species of plants and animals..
  • the web of life begins to unravel. biodiversity is slowly destroyed ( several hundred species per year now).
  • this becomes our children's inheritance, and so the next generation adds to the injury, more insult.
do you think we will become wise before we die, or do you think we will ignore the truth forever? to say we can do nothing is really to say,"WE CHOOSE TO DO NOTHING.".
michael

The following information explains the voltage: http://www.thesetimes.org/pointfour.html

michael7733 06-11-2010 05:07 PM

The acetylcholine connection

Paula, I know that you have been pondering over this subject. I think you will find the answers to your questions here: http://www.thesetimes.org/pointseven.html

rd42 06-11-2010 07:08 PM

http://www.waterfyi.com/parkinsons/

paula_w 06-11-2010 08:31 PM

thank you michael

I made it to point 8 now taking a break. It confirms what i've read so far - lots to go but it's a perfect resource. I'll be commenting and have questions when I get through it.

It enables me to understand neurologix approach to non-dopaminergic gene therapy and of course Dr.Levesque wondered if it was GABA that improved his patient.

thank you for consolidating it -much of the world wasn't ready for it back a few years when you were researching. Now i almost understand a little of it.lol

very nice of you to post that.

michael7733 06-13-2010 02:34 PM

I gleaned the following from a very lengthy documentk perhaps 50 pages long. It adds the "HOW" to the picture.

Quote:

58.What is a cytochrome? (Notes, 36) The cytochromes are electron acceptors which as a class are heme-containing proteins which mediate Fe+++/Fe++ one-electron transfers. There are five cytochromes with increasing electron accepting potentials. The heme in cytochromes b, c1, and c are Fe-protoporphyrin IX which is also the prosthetic group in myoglobin and hemoglobin. It is covalently attached to the protein in these cytochromes. 59.Which cytochrome is responsible for the reduction of molecular oxygen? (Notes, 36) Cytochrome oxidase. Contains cytochromes a and a3 as a complex, they are the terminal electron transport carriers. Each have a different prosthetic group, heme A, but th e same basic Fe-tetrapyrrole structure. It also contains two copper atoms which alternate between Cu++ and Cu+. Electron transfer through cytochrome oxidase is inhibited by cyanide or CO which appear to bind very tightly to the cytochrome a3 moiety. 60.Wha t type of structure is protoporphyrin IX? Where does it occur? (Notes, 36) The heme in cytochromes b, c1, and c are Fe-protoporphyrin IX which is also the prosthetic group in myoglobin and hemoglobin. It is covalently attached to the protein in these cytoc hromes. 61.What are several agents which inhibit electron transfer in the process of oxidative phosphorylation? (Notes, 33) It is of scientific and medical interest to note a number of chemicals which inhibit electron transport at different sites. The leth ality of cyanide and carbon monoxide depends upon the selective blockage of cytochrome oxidase. Cyanide binds to the ferric form of iron of the (a) cytochromes and carbon monoxide binds to the ferrous form. The antibiotic antimycin A blocks electron flow a t site two (cytochrome reductase), wheras rotenone and amytal block electron transfer within the NADH-Q reductase complex (below). Blockage at any site interrupts the generation of a proton gradient (below), and ATP synthesis is inhibited. Blockage sites: 62.Define the "uncoupling" of oxidative phosphorylation. What are several agents which uncouple oxidative phosphorylation? (Notes, 38) The chemiosmotic theory is supported by observations that compounds capable of disrupting a proton gradient across the in ner mitochondrial membrane effectively UNCOUPLE oxidative phosphorylation. "Uncoupling" means that electron flow and oxygen reduction proceeds without simultaneous formation of ATP. 2,4-dinitrophenol (DNP) and other phenolic compounds are effective uncoupl ers. These lipophilic compounds transfer protons across the inner mitochondrial membrane, breaking down the proton gradient. 63.How does cyanide inhibit oxidative phosphorylation? How does carbon monoxide inhibit oxidative phosphorylation? (Notes, 33) The lethality of cyanide and carbon monoxide depends upon the selective blockageof cytochrome oxidase. Cyanide binds to the ferric form of iron of the (a) cytochromes and carbon monoxide binds to the ferrous form. 64.Brifly describe the "Chemosmotic Hypotheses " of oxidative phosphorylation. (Notes, 37) The coupling of OXIDATION and PHOSPHORYLATION is indirect. Briefly stated: 1.protons are pumped from the inner to the outer side of the inner mitochondrial membrane during electron transport. 2.the inner membrane is not freely permeable to protons so an electromotive potential is established across this membrane. 3.a transmembrane multisubunit enzyme ATP synthetase (intrinsic to themitochondrial membrane) converts ADP to ATP as outermembrane protons re-enter themi tochondria through a channel coupled to ATP synthase. Supported by evidence of the pH gradient which exists across the inner mitochondrial membrane....

I apologize for not providing the source. In my haste to report my find i forgot to save it. I have searched the web for it seveal times, but I cannot find it.

Anyway, add that to what you learned from http://www.thesetimes.org/pointseven.html and then wonder why a cure has not been found already.

olsen 06-14-2010 09:18 AM

porphyrin and URO I

(excerpted from a letter I received from Ms. Rooney several yrs ago. I have been intrigued by the possibility of URO 1 being useful in PD, though have not pursued this avenue of inquiry. Michael's notation of protoporphyrin reminded me that this info was out there. This researcher /patient was interested in URO I for ALS. As to the usefulness/veracity of the infomation, I am clueless. Perhaps someone on this forum will be interested in determining if the info has any potential. madelyn)

"...because there really is a potent natural neuroprotector produced by the human body that has been successfully tested millions of times with very few problems but it continues to be overlooked. All of our livers produce it It is called uroporphyrin I (URO I). I have been studying it for 20 years and have used it to halt my own progressive neurological deterioration which has major aspects in common with ALS. It's the good stuff that the liver produces to protect against the CNS damage that the neurotoxic stuff that the liver makes and we all need it to protect our CNS. It's much more complicated than that, of course.

iron porphyrin has been tested without success. URO I is not iron porphyrin. It is much smaller and is one of the largest natural molecules that crosses the BBB. There is new research out that recognizes that there is at least one component of heme synthesis that is an antioxidant, "DNA and mRNA elements with complementary responses to hemin, antioxidant inducers, and iron control ferritin-L expression" Korry J. Hintze* and Elizabeth C. Theil*†‡
*Center for BioIron at CHORI, Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, 5700 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Oakland, CA 94609; and †Department of Nutritional Sciences and Toxicology, University of California, Morgan Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720

It has been known for decades that the only hepatic porphyria that is not neurotoxic is porphyria cutanea tarda (PCT). It is also the only hepatic porphyria that is characterized by excess URO I. Conversely, the most neurotoxic hepatic porphyria is acute intermittent porphyria (AIP) which is the one characterized by the least URO I. Until my work, it was thought that URO I was useless. I think that the cause of sporadic ALS is that the BB has become inflamed for some reason, maybe infection or allergy, and prevents URO I from entering the CNS. I have therefore applied for a patent for it as a treatment for ALS. Lewy-like bodies may absorb it or block its entry in FALS.

I am not selling anything. I don't have any URO I and I don't know what the best dosage regimen is. I am asking only that it be tested. If nothing else, it could be tested on the compassionate use basis as it has been manufactured by several labs for lab experiments for other things for decades.
Roberta (Bobbie) N. Rooney

(Just reread Michael's post prior to this reply, and realize I must have read about protoporphyrin in one of the levels within the web link Michael provided; otherwise the above is a non sequitur. madelyn)

girija 06-15-2010 11:01 PM

water salts and voltage

On a lighter note, I recall on one of the Startrek Episodes, aliens look at the Star Trek crew and comment "These are humans, ugly bags of mostly water!"

So true...

Girija

lindylanka 06-16-2010 06:50 AM

Did anyone do the neuro transmitter test thingy recently posted. I did and while the other nt's were about even my results showed up as GABA type. I know so little about this, and wondered what other people might had got if they did the test........

Girija, I like it, an old Zen master once described us and himself as 'skinbags', which reminded me of camels!

One of the things that helps me when very rigid facially and in my neck and shoulder is simply to splash some cold water onto my face, and hold a wet hand over the back of my neck. Electricity, conductivity, voodoo........ or just placebo ...... who knows..... but it has consistently helped me for a long time...

Lindy