NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Pain, Pain and more Pain OUCH (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/12273-pain-pain-pain-ouch.html)

Nikko 01-30-2007 11:07 AM

Pain, Pain and more Pain OUCH

OMG - I spent the day mostly in bed yesterday, my lower back pain was severe, I took my pain meds and they helped somewhat.

I think it is from trying to pick my mom or help her up the prior two nights.
I have her commode back in her bedroom.

I am supposed to be in PT for my lumbar spine, because I had L-5 taken out in 1989 and now L-4 is trying to fuse to nothing. Besides my neck fusion the pain really was all the way down from the c-spine to the lumbar.

I am going to see if I can go to PT where my mom goes to make life a bit easier, since she goes twice a week, today she has a Dr. appt.

I have to go back to the Orthopedic Spine Surgeon when my PT is done to see if they will need to do surgery.

I need to do so much around the house and I can't makes me nuts.
It even hurts to sit, because L-4 must be pushing onto to whatever. He said this has happened over years. Geeze L-4 will be squished soon.

Just venting, damn I don't need this. I just can't lift anything, or I do more damage.

Hugs, Nikko

Just Jacquie 01-30-2007 07:18 PM

Hi, N - sorry to hear about the lower back pain - I know how bad that hurts, because I AM GOING THRU IT RIGHT NOW MYSELF! :rolleyes: Taking care of A. since her car accident has been torture on my back, which has been bothering me more lately anyway. In fact, this is my 5th yr anniversary of my lumbar fusion, and, before I go back to my doc in Philly for a check up, my PM doc has ordered an MRI to see how things stand. I have the MRI on Feb 12th.

You and I both tend to push ourselfves and overdo it, so we need to remind each other to take care of ourselves, too!

We had A. back to the ER yesterday for severe chest pains following her accident last Wednesday. They did a CAT scan to make sure she didn't have a blood clot in her lung due to her knee injury, surgery, and now basic immobilization now. No blood clots, but they found some 'spots' on her lungs, and want her to have a repeat in 3 mos. That kind of shocked us, to say the least!! :eek: She used to smoke, she started young (I wasn't aware for awhile), but quit last October for her breast reduction surgery, and now is really worried about what these spots may be,so she won't be taking it up again, that's for sure!

Take care of yourself - heat usually feels real good to me!

Hugs, J

fiberowendy2000 01-30-2007 07:54 PM

While I don't have the spinal issues you have, I do understand your pain. Since I have fibromyalgia I have up and down issues myself.
I hope you are feeling better.

Mari 02-01-2007 01:00 AM

Dear Nikko,
I hope the pain lets up.
Take care of yourself.
Mari

Nikko 02-02-2007 10:45 AM

I am still in the PAIN boat. Now to add, I have the sciatica, the butt muscle hurts on the right side and the pain radiates down my right leg.

Yesterday, I vacuumed, washed the kitchen floor, dusted and ran to 2 stores.

Well last night my pain reared up real bad. I am feeling overwhemled.

Pain, my mom, depression, court, just everything. I can't stand it.

I have to take mom to PT today, I couldn't even take her the other day the pain was so bad. I take the pain meds, but they don't last forever. Plus the fact I am waking up again many times a night. I'm just cranky.

Just venting, and hating everything right now.

Hugs, Nikko

bizi 02-02-2007 10:49 AM

dear Nikko,
Iam sorry that you are having even more pain and discomfort with the siatica or how ever you spell it.
(((HUGS)))
bizi:hug:

nuttybuddy 02-02-2007 02:03 PM

Phys therapy

I started physical therapy for the stress fracture in my lower right fibula, and its so boring. I can see why people hate it. And it HURTS.