NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   No more pain with the combination of Lyrica and Cymbalta (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/122780-pain-combination-lyrica-cymbalta.html)

grannygege 05-23-2010 08:18 PM

No more pain with the combination of Lyrica and Cymbalta

Hi - I joined this chat to share this information. Lyrica 75 mg twice daily along with Cymbalta 60 mg daily and my neuropathatic pain is gone. GONE.! Do my feet feel normal - no - but do they burn until I cant stand it or have jabbing sharp pain that feels like an ice pick stuck in me - no! I can walk again, wear different shoes, enjoy my life again!
I had read about Cymbalta so I told the doctor I wanted to try it. SO I was tapered off of Zolft and started on Cymbalta, increasing until I was on 60 mg - well I only had to be off of Lyrica one day to know Cymbalta was not my answer. So I went back to the 150 mg twice daily of Lyrica but just kept taking the Cymbalta since I no longer had the Zoloft.
WOW within three days I was pain free - after 10 years - and I remain pain free. I just wanted to share that information with anyone who has peripheral neuropathy. :grouphug:

jgandee 05-23-2010 09:04 PM

I had good results with the same similar combination.

Darlene 05-24-2010 01:16 AM

Great to have you with us!

Hello and welcome to NeuroTalk. Happy to see you have come to be with us. Just let us know if we can be of any help.

There are great number of fellow members here to assist as possible. Great to hear the good news. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around.

Darlene :hug:

DejaVu 05-24-2010 08:12 PM

Welcome!

Hi Grannygege and welcome!:D
I am glad you have found relief! PN pain hurts!:eek:
It's amazing how treatment protocols are so very individualized.
It's always wonderful to hear anyone had found sweet relief!
Are you coming on in to the PN forum?
Thanks for sharing the good news! :D
Many Blessings,
DejaVu

Friend2U 05-25-2010 12:11 AM

Granny! Welcome to NT!

http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/6...i085p8my3i.gif
I am so glad you have found 'some' relief. My husband has PN as result of chemo. So I know second hand of the pain you go through. And I am now on Lyrica for MS nerve pain and it is really helping me. I take 100mg in morning and doc just increased nighttime to 150mg. That increase has made all the difference in my sleeping!

Hope you stick around. This place has been a godsend for me! So many caring loving folks here! Glad you found us!

MelodyL 05-27-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannygege (Post 657385)
Hi - I joined this chat to share this information. Lyrica 75 mg twice daily along with Cymbalta 60 mg daily and my neuropathatic pain is gone. GONE.! Do my feet feel normal - no - but do they burn until I cant stand it or have jabbing sharp pain that feels like an ice pick stuck in me - no! I can walk again, wear different shoes, enjoy my life again!
I had read about Cymbalta so I told the doctor I wanted to try it. SO I was tapered off of Zolft and started on Cymbalta, increasing until I was on 60 mg - well I only had to be off of Lyrica one day to know Cymbalta was not my answer. So I went back to the 150 mg twice daily of Lyrica but just kept taking the Cymbalta since I no longer had the Zoloft.
WOW within three days I was pain free - after 10 years - and I remain pain free. I just wanted to share that information with anyone who has peripheral neuropathy. :grouphug:

Hi. My husband has Idiopathic PN, and he tried those meds but it did nothing but make him ill. How lucky that you found a combo that worked for you.

Good Job!!

May you continue to be pain free.
Melody

NurseNancy 05-27-2010 03:31 PM

that is just the best news. i'm truly happy that you are feeling so well.
and thanks for the update. :)