NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Rain and Summer Musings (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/122888-rain-summer-musings.html)

cyclelops 05-25-2010 07:54 AM

Rain and Summer Musings

I so seldom wish for rain, because rain means low fronts and immobility due to pain.....that said....It has been in the 90's. I feel like a fainting goat.:p

We are breaking records for heat and my poor little veggie plants are soooo dry! I am so tired of running around with sprinklers and I don't have enough irrigation hoses that can lay permanently.:(

I can hear thunder, but.....it isn't here by me!! Grrr.:mad:

This is an awfully early summer.:)

Any one else roasting in this heat? It is so warm, I am graying out in the heat. We put in our room air conditioner already and it is straining to keep up! I keep retreating to my room to cool down.

My 2 year old granddaughter loves this! And the baby chickies! Today, we are off to get her a baby pool:D.....and her parents a job..........:o Now I know why God made menopause.

Swmnupstrm 05-25-2010 08:02 AM

After a well below average winter here in FL, the temps have zoomed. We, too, could use the rain, and here it comes, the one day we were planning to take the grandkids to the ocean before they go back to Colorado.

Go figure.

rscowboy2005 05-25-2010 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=cyclelops;657825]I so seldom wish for rain, because rain means low fronts and immobility due to pain.....that said....It has been in the 90's. I feel like a fainting goat.:p

*** My wife frequently suggests that my flare-ups could be because of changes in the weather. How did you conclude it was low-pressure areas specifically?

*** To answer your question - I live in Oregon. I've learned to adjust to the rain, but high temps??? Another thing entirely. We are buying a portable air conditioner in the next week or two (one of those R2D2 ones). Really only 4 - 8 days we might need it in the summer.

CB

cyclelops 05-25-2010 02:54 PM

There are these pain index maps, and usually high pain index corresponded to pain....and after 10 years with this wretched condition, I figured it out, by personal experience.

cyclelops 05-25-2010 03:41 PM

Sweet rain! :) Loud thunder!!:eek:

dahlek 05-25-2010 06:24 PM

I've been hearing of the 'records' where you are?

Usually it's by me in the political swamp! It's gonna get HOT in the upper 80's and stay that way thru the 'holiday weekend'.....standard H[ot}& H[umid] W/a 30-45% chance of 'afternoon' T'Storms. Meaning guaranteed sky dump! Possibly trees down and power out. Sigh?

Maybe WE need some creative person to invent all-weather clothing [almost a space suit] for the temperature impaired? Probly wouldn't be 'stylish' by ANY definition? But if Functional? I'd mite bite.

As for the pain-index thingies? I am not buying it... I rather correspond how I hurt to simply how high or low the barometric pressure is... Nothing fancy. Feel better after taking care of those chicks? Promise? When do we get baby-pics?
May no one get blasted by the weather in the near future! Hopes and hugs for all! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug::hug:'s - j

darlindeb25 05-25-2010 06:48 PM

I am so cold all the time, I would welcome mid 80's. I walk every morning and am still wearing a long sleeve, hooded sweatshirt!!!!

DejaVu 05-26-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclelops (Post 657825)
I so seldom wish for rain, because rain means low fronts and immobility due to pain.....that said....It has been in the 90's. I feel like a fainting goat.:p

We are breaking records for heat and my poor little veggie plants are soooo dry! I am so tired of running around with sprinklers and I don't have enough irrigation hoses that can lay permanently.:(

I can hear thunder, but.....it isn't here by me!! Grrr.:mad:

This is an awfully early summer.:)

Any one else roasting in this heat? It is so warm, I am graying out in the heat. We put in our room air conditioner already and it is straining to keep up! I keep retreating to my room to cool down.

Cycleops,
I am with you on this!
We have our air conditioning going, too.
Love the "fainting goat!" :D
I can relate to that misery!

I haven't been around in awhile.
A warm hello to all!:D

Have been wondering if you've been able to ride at all?
I have not been able to in almost two years now.
I miss it so much! :(
I keep hoping....I never lose the fever for going for a ride.

I have my indoor bike.
I want to ride my road bicycle.

Best Wishes to All,
DejaVu

cyclelops 05-26-2010 04:40 PM

Dejavu, I did ride a bit last year....this year, I have a lot of people nagging me to try it....so, I have dusted off my bike.

That is the first step....Dusting it off.

The second component is having my 'support system' in place...and they are going full tilt.

Next a few riding partners willing to go slow....I have several of those.

Next....the wind needs to die down and the temps get below 90! Then it's yeeehaaaaaaaaaw. Maybe I will make it 5 miles, lol....then again maybe not.:o

DejaVu 05-26-2010 04:58 PM

Great!:D

I, too, am hoping -- for a nice cool, yet sunny, colorful Autumn ride! :yahoo:

If not, I am bringing my bike inside and am going to "pretend!" :eek:
I have some gadgets and gear I want to try out!

Great to say hi to you again! :winky:
Take great care of your plants!
Hope the heat lets up for you right away!

DejaVu