NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Autoimmune Diseases (https://www.neurotalk.org/autoimmune-diseases/)
-   -   Moisturizer for lips (https://www.neurotalk.org/autoimmune-diseases/12320-moisturizer-lips.html)

Silverlady 01-30-2007 06:30 PM

Moisturizer for lips

I know that all of you don't suffer with Sjogrens, but I wanted to post this for the people who suffer from Sjogrens.

I've suffered from dry cracked lips for about a year now. At first I thought it was from the cold and dry weather. But I have begun to think that it is part of this disease. Mainly because I have run into a lot of people on another forum that have the same problem.

I've bought everything on the market. I'm lip balm poor. I also have a problem with my dry sensitive skin. I accidently stumbled into a website when looking for a moisturizer and a fragrance free soap. It's www.alabu.com and one of their products is the Baby Face line. I decided to take a chance and order the soap and moisturizering oil.

The oil is great. It's a clear, odorless, light oil that soaks right into the skin. I accidently discovered that it works great on the lips. It keeps them so moisturized and just works great. But the problem with it is that I find the bottle is a little unwieldy for carrying around in my purse. So I contacted the company that makes it and they have decided to produce a lip roller of the oil and I am just thrilled!!! I got the sample today to try and have to report to the company that I can't do without it. It just helps my lips so much.

I'll let you know when the oil roller for lips is available.

Billye

loisba 01-30-2007 11:12 PM

Thanks for the tip, Billye! How neat that you had a part in the production of a new product! That's really service with a smile- their service, your (pain-free) smile! :D
Hugs,

dahlek 02-01-2007 06:50 AM

I hope that....

they give you some 'samples' since it was your idea.....

A good one too! - j

robint 03-08-2007 03:10 AM

Hi Billye,

I'm new, and didn't expect to see tips about Sjogren's- but glad you posted- I do have Sjogren's and chapped lips is definitely a problem.

Has anyone experienced neuropathy whcih is -believed to be- "due to " Sjogren's?

How do I set it up so that I know if you post about the lip roller ?

Thanks

robint

sussieque 03-08-2007 05:28 PM

Welcome Robint,

I have Sjogren's and neuropathy and was told that it is due to the Sjogren's. I take Lyrica for the neuropathy, it helps some. Are you on any meds for your symptoms? Sjogren's World has a very good forum for SJS if you need support or have questions about Sjogren's and all the fun that it dishes out, look into it.

Sue

Silverlady 03-09-2007 07:01 PM

Not sure..moderator needed

robint,
I'm not sure how to tell you to set up your computer. I hope the moderator sees this. I understand that the Alabu company now has the lip roller on their website. I don't think it's been announced yet and it isn't listed as lip roller. It's just the small size of the moisturizer. I've ordered it. Here's the link: http://www.alabu.com/page/AS/CTGY/LS

I hope you see this.
Billye

calico 03-12-2007 04:29 AM

Moisture Stick

Hi Billye

THANK YOU for the link I really appreciate it, and will check it out

and thanks for sharing the info with us

robin "calico"

MissRain 03-28-2007 08:20 AM

Thanks Billye. I don't yet struggle with the dry lips but OH my eyes....I now have a blocked oil gland. It IS always something, I swear.

Robin....,I do have some neuropathy in my toes. THAT is awful. Right now it is not bad enough to need treatment, and my fingers are crossed. I sometimes rub some Capzacin-P on my toes and believe it or not it really helps. That is an over the counter arthritis rub.