NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Seeing doc tomorrow...lots of questions?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/123562-seeing-doc-tomorrow-lots-questions.html)

tamiloo 06-01-2010 12:27 PM

Seeing doc tomorrow...lots of questions??

I see my Rheumy tomorrow I have tons of questions. I am in so much pain, fatigue and all that fibro has to offer.

I'm sure there have been other threads asking the same question...don't have the time or strength to search...So I'm asking the question again...

What works for you? What it does for you? If it didn't work and why...side effects.

I tried Cymbalta a few years ago, did bad with the side effects. Tried Savella a year ago and couldn't do it...

Please if you have time to share I would appreciate it greatly!!

FinLady 06-01-2010 12:33 PM

I'm so sorry to hear the Fibro is being so painful for you right ow.:hug::hug:

For me, Gabapentin is doing ok for me so far. I'm one of the few that don't have bad side effects with it. I take 900mgs at night to help me sleep (which really helps), and can take up to two additional 300mgs during the day if I need it.

I've heard LDN might also have some benefits for Fibro patients, and I plan on asking my Rhuemy about that when I see him this week. You may wish to ask him about that as a possibility.

Hope your doc can help you out. I know how bad this stuff can get and pray you find some relief soon! :hug::hug:

tamiloo 06-01-2010 12:47 PM

Thanks...I do take the Gabapentin, but only in small doses...gives me tremors and causes me to have problems with talking...can't grab the words and stutter a lot. I only take one 300mg at bedtime with the option of taking a 100 mg pill up to three times a day. It does help somewhat if I can endure the speech problems.

LDN..have heard a lot of folks taking it...I'll have to read up on it...

Thanks again!:hug:

Mere 06-06-2010 10:50 AM

Hi I am Mere. I usually post at peripheral neuropathy, but also lurk here. I have suffered fibromyalgia, arthritis and peripheral/autonomic neuropathy for close to 18 years after suffering a monoclonal viral infection.

I have tried just about everything out there at least once and in some cases twice. It is well known that those of us with fMS do not tolerate meds too well.

I am now trying Savella. It seems to be helping and so far and I am tolerating it. Neurontin also helped but I was unable to take more than 600 mg as I would develop pitted edema. I needed the higher dosage of at least 900 mg in order to get any pain relieving benefit. I was unable to tolerate Cymbalta or Lyrica. Tamiloo, what side effects did you suffer with Savella?

I am sorry you are so sick right now. It can all feel so overwhelming at times...Hope the better comes soon...

Mere