NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Medications & Treatments (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/)
-   -   anyone taking ms contin (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/124277-taking-ms-contin.html)

abrown176 06-09-2010 07:34 PM

anyone taking ms contin

I have taking morphine on a as needed bases and it did not do much for the pain. I think my doc forgot about that when he prescribed me ms contin and it is a morphine time realesed drug. I am not having relief much with it and am on 30mg 3*day. Any one else have tried morphine and it doesn't work. I feel like a quack I thought morphine was one of those knock you out of pain drugs. Any suggestions before I see doctor next week. Thanks!!

pabb 06-10-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abrown176 (Post 663103)
I have taking morphine on a as needed bases and it did not do much for the pain. I think my doc forgot about that when he prescribed me ms contin and it is a morphine time realesed drug. I am not having relief much with it and am on 30mg 3*day. Any one else have tried morphine and it doesn't work. I feel like a quack I thought morphine was one of those knock you out of pain drugs. Any suggestions before I see doctor next week. Thanks!!

not all drugs will work for all persons....good luck

pooh_ac 06-10-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abrown176 (Post 663103)

R u taking it every 8 hours around the clock or three times during "awake" hours. You may need a higher dose or oxycontin instead of MS contin:hug:

abrown176 06-11-2010 12:41 PM

They first tried the oxycontin but the side affects the doc did not like so switched to this. Have to see him on the 16th so will see what he thinks. Thanks for any info.

Leesa 06-14-2010 05:45 PM

Hi ~ 30mg. is a very LOW dose, and for me, it wouldn't be any better than taking aspirin!!! You need to be on a much higher dosage. I'm not familiar with why you're taking the morphine, but if it's for chronic pain you're certainly going to need more than that. He should up you to a level where you are comfortable, but of course we all know that almost all of us are undermedicated because the doctors are afraid of the DEA. sheeesh.

Anyway, tell your doc it isn't getting it. either UP your dosage, or put you on something that will attack your pain!!! No one should SUFFER! He needs to act like a doctor! God bless. Peace, Lee

abrown176 06-16-2010 12:42 PM

Thanks now have been switched to 4mg of dilaudid

Thanks for all the info. I went to doc today and he changed me to 4 mg dilaudid and said after a month if it was working then he would change it to jurnista the extended release. Thanks again and Hope everyone is having a low pain day.

bfburkejr 06-25-2010 02:37 AM

ms contin

I agree with pabb I think it is. Everyone reacts differently to all drugs. Stay away from oxycontin. Its main problem is that the pill dumps half the drug right away and it is a 3-4 hour drug, then the other half gets dumped at 6 hours. MS contin is much smoother in my experience. Good luck :) Brian