NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   "Bruised Fingers" (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/124347-bruised-fingers.html)

Mere 06-10-2010 05:31 PM

"Bruised Fingers"

I have been riding-out a dysautonomic flare for the past week - still on the couch with no energy and when I get up, I feel like my legs are not going to take me anywhere.

Now, I know I am starting to sound like a hypochondriac, but this is bothering me... The weird thing is I have nerve pain in my upper left arm (the mid-outer area) and my fingers are tingly and sometimes numb. This has been bothering me for a while - about one year now. But since this flare, my arm has been hurting more and the last 1/2" of my finger and tips feel as if they are bruised. It does not matter if they are touching anything - they feel bruised.

Has anyone experienced this? What does it mean? I am wondering if it is just another type of nerve pain or does it indicate nerve damage? Anyone know...?

Mere

nide44 06-11-2010 08:02 AM

It happens to me in my toes.
Bruised feeling, deep, bone-bruise type.

I say I've either been stepped on by an elephant, or my feet
have been run over by a truck- a BIG truck!
It just happens some days.

No triggers that I can tell- just happens.
(Well.....maybe sometimes..... at the end of the day,
& I've been on my feet a lot)

Ain't PN grand?

Mere 06-11-2010 08:38 AM

Yes, so grand! Never a dull moment, always something new happening...

Thanks Bob. Sorry you have this too.

Mere

mrsD 06-11-2010 08:41 AM

I sometimes get "throbbing" in my fingers, usually at night when I go to bed. I don't know what this is, but my doctor said it might be because of my blood pressure medications. (I also use a calcium channel blocker-- not verapamil, but diltiazem). My hands tend to swell, and go back down alot. They are often worse in hot weather.

When I was briefly taking Imdur (a nitrate) I had the throbbing more often, since this dilates blood vessels, too.

Mere 06-11-2010 02:45 PM

Yes, Mrs.D, I would imagine that Imdur would induce throbbing...

In general, the Summer weather also seems to make things worse for me...

nide44 06-12-2010 08:20 AM

I am definitely more miserable in hot weather, than in cooler.
I use the A/C all the time in the summer, whereas my wife likes to open
the windows when its 85-90++ outside. I keep fans (both ceiling & box) going all the time (especially at nite to cool my 'footsies') anytime the weather is over 65-70 degrees.

Mere 06-12-2010 09:16 AM

Yes Bob, me too. I always feel hot, even when my husband is cold. It is like my thermostat is stuck on high. When I go out in the heat and humidity, my face gets bright red. (it's very attractive :mad:).

Mere

malawigirl08 06-12-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mere (Post 663773)
Yes Bob, me too. I always feel hot, even when my husband is cold. It is like my thermostat is stuck on high. When I go out in the heat and humidity, my face gets bright red. (it's very attractive :mad:).

Mere

My thermostat is stuck on high and has been since after I had my son 11 years ago, it is as if the pregnancy overheating has continued - my pain consultant has asked to get my thyroid checked again - is your thyroid ok?

Mere 06-12-2010 06:43 PM

Yes, as far as I know my thyroid is fine. The function and hormone levels have been tested many times and the tests are always normal. I think I have trouble with my internal thermostat. Sometimes when I am in a flare I get a fever.

Mere

nide44 06-13-2010 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mere (Post 663773)

Mere

I just sweat a lot, profusely in hot weather-
always have, even as a child .
It takes a while for my core heat to level off
and I feel cool and comfortable again.
The slightest exertion seems to set it off again.