NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   pregnancy (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/124452-pregnancy.html)

lilmama8524 06-12-2010 12:15 PM

pregnancy

[SIZE="4":smileypray:]Hello I am 24 yrs old and 35wks weeks pregnant. I have had epilepsy since i was 8 months old. I have read a lot about epilepsy and child birth. I have read that a vaginal birth is safe and then i have read that a c-section is safer. My neurologist says i should be safe no matter what. I am very scared of having a stroke or bleeding out due to my medications. if you have any advice for me it would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Erin[/SIZE]

lilmama8524 06-13-2010 01:06 PM

another day-death

so i am now 35wks pregnant and as they my due date draws near i can't help but wonder what is going to happen to me? Am i going to be ok? will this be a smooth delivery? I just want a healthy baby and i would like to see him grow but if it is my time then I know he will be in good hands:confused:

Chemar 06-13-2010 01:24 PM

Hi Erin

I moved your 2nd post here for you

first, congrats on the pregnancy :)

it is very normal for expectant moms to become a bit worried about potential problems, so all I can do is encourage you to try to relax, for your sake and your baby's

it sounds like you are in very good care with your neuro

here is our epilepsy forum so that you can also chat with others there for reassurance
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum11.html

NurseNancy 06-14-2010 03:10 PM

hi erin and welcome to NT,

congratulations on your baby. a boy? or girl? do you know. do you have a name picked?

you might ask to see a hi risk ob dr and talk to them about your delivery plans.

please update us when you can.

Darlene 06-15-2010 01:43 AM

Hello and welcome Erin

Hello and welcome to NeuroTalk. Happy to see you have come to be with us. Concratulations on your news of a little one coming. :hug:

I too have had epilepsy most of my life. It came to me with I was at the age of 10, which was so long long ago. I have 2 children which today the are 35 & 33. Both kids were due on the 10th of the month in which they were born on the 9th, just fine. I really had no problem with them, I delivered by vaginal with a litle help on both of them. During the carrying of both I was on Dilantion, Meberal & Mysoline, at that time there wasn't a good number of drugs on the market as there is today (question is what are you on). I will say on the 2nd one, a boy, I had trouble about a month before delivery I had a Grand-Mal but, I really blame that on myself for not keeping up with my medicine as I should of, I didn't have to stay in the hospital and came through it ok.

I hope I have assisted you, let me know if there is any thing else I can help you with. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around.

Darlene :hug:

lilmama8524 06-15-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NurseNancy (Post 664681)
hi erin and welcome to NT,

congratulations on your baby. a boy? or girl? do you know. do you have a name picked?

you might ask to see a hi risk ob dr and talk to them about your delivery plans.

please update us when you can.

I am having a boy his name will be tobias louis, I have a ob that deals with 'hi risk' but i am just scared

NurseNancy 06-22-2010 05:09 PM

what a nice name.
it's good you're seeing a good OB dr.
put your delivery in God's hands and follow your ob's advice.

i'm sure the nurses will be a great help to you. you won't be alone.
we'll be waiting to hear from you.
i know you can get thru this.

mamagoo 06-23-2010 02:48 AM

Congrats and what a wonderful name for the little one to come. God has brought you to this so HE WILL get you through this. It will all be worth it once that bundle from Heaven is in your arms
God bless and keep you safe

(Broken Wings) 06-24-2010 09:56 PM

Welcome to NT

Congrats on the bundle of joy to come. It is truely a gift from God.

I pray you and your baby will come through it ok.

BTW, I would be scared too. That's a good sign that you'll be an attentative mother. I've never went through labor, but was my sister's dulin. It was a beautiful life experience. I embrace those memories.

Write down your concerns so you won't forget them when you go back to your OB/GYN.

Keep us informed and take care of yourself. Please listen to you doctor.

Think happy thoughts and rest.