NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Does Anyone Have Pain Due To Gait? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/124872-pain-due-gait.html)

Kitty 06-15-2010 09:56 AM

Does Anyone Have Pain Due To Gait?

I feel like I'm being just a big 'ole whinin' crybaby but this is really painful!! :o

Does anyone have leg, knee or hip pain because of the way you walk?

I've noticed that my knees ache constantly and I'm about convinced that it's because of the way I walk.

My gait has definitely been affected and I believe that I tense up my muscles when I walk. I've been having really severe pain in my knees and calves. I've tried stretching exercises but they don't seem to help. I take 2 Aleve daily. I've lost a considerable amount of weight since coming off several meds (about 30#) so you'd think that would help.

Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this and what you've done about it.

:)

barb02 06-15-2010 10:22 AM

Yep -- both knees hurt although that may also be due to arthritis. Right hip also hurts although I also have osteopenia in my hips and spine that may be affecting it. Actually every step I take hurts my left leg. My left side seems to be more affected by ms. Right side is not spastic -- just left. So I think some of the pain I experience is due to gait and spasticity and part is due to other causes. Overall, I am just a mess!:rolleyes:

debw 06-15-2010 10:47 AM

I have pain from the waist down, hips, knees, ankles, feet. I would just like to walk, one more time normal, without the dizziness. My daughter said when we went to her wedding shower that they had for her, another teacher told her, it looked so painful for me to walk. Guess I'm use to the pain, didn't realize I looked painful, just trying not to walk so drunk, in front of people. Countdown til Wedding 9 more days til we leave, still no diagnosis.

Kitty 06-15-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debw (Post 664936)
just trying not to walk so drunk, in front of people.

Me, too! I try so hard to remain steady on my feet but I'm sooooo wobbly. I hate than anyone would think I look drunk - or think I am!! But, I know I'm not so I just need to get over it and quit worrying about it. :rolleyes:

Enjoy the wedding! :)

soxmom 06-15-2010 11:15 AM

Finally, the docs think all my hip pain is due to my gait.:( Not much
I can do about it. I hope you are feeling better soon. It stinks.:hug::hug:

SallyC 06-15-2010 12:09 PM

I used to get bad shoulder pains from my gait!!

Maybe a little PT from a Physiciatrist would help??

Kitty 06-15-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 664955)
Maybe a little PT from a Physiciatrist would help??

Isn't that what Ricky Ricardo used to call a "psychiatrist"?? :D :D

Snoopy 06-15-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 664917)
Does anyone have leg, knee or hip pain because of the way you walk?

I do!!!!!

I just got home from doing a marathon in the grocery store :rolleyes:

My legs, knees and back all hurt. This is very common for me.

My legs have always bothered me and through the years I have learned to ignore it, when I can't ignore it anymore I sit.

The only medication I have is Klonopin which does help (for me)

Blessings2You 06-15-2010 01:58 PM

Hard to tell. I have gait issues, I have muscle spasticity issues, I have degenerative joint disease (you get more sympathy when you call it that instead of arthritis) AND I'm fat. So take your pick.

Debbie D 06-15-2010 02:04 PM

Hmmm...I have foot drop in the right leg, but the left calf hurts alot...and my knee, too although I need both knees replaced (I'm trying more seriously to lose more weight so they don't need to carry as much).
Spasms hurt my shins and thighs so much...and the zanaflex doesn't last nearly as long...:(

Hope you get some relief soon, Kelly...