NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   The HEAT! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/125499-heat.html)

marion06095 06-20-2010 10:14 AM

The HEAT!

It is 72 degrees Fahrenheit in this room. I’m sitting here in front of a big fan and I’m still sweltering! Is anyone else this heat intolerant? Is it the MS, or is it just because I’m too fat? Inquiring minds want to know.

SandyC 06-20-2010 10:17 AM

It could be the heat and Jim melts in it too. :hug: Between me in peri-menopause and his ms we're a match made in Heaven! LOL

kicker 06-20-2010 11:22 AM

Marion,
I'm under 110 pounds and sweltering too.

Dejibo 06-20-2010 12:06 PM

Im hiding in the AC. Im melting! :(

barb02 06-20-2010 01:16 PM

Just made the mistake of going to Wal Mart. The temperature was 86, and I thought I could handle it. UGH! Big mistake! I almost left my groceries while in line and left. Only four registers were open. I did not want to do self check out because I had a lot of produce and only two were open. There were also people in line for those registers. So, I waited behind several people with full carts. Wouldn't you know it? The register freezes up on the person before me. So I reload my groceries and go to another register. It looked like it was the shortest. Cashier was not 21. Lots of people were buying beer. So she had to call for help each time.

When I got to my car, the temperature was reading 90 degrees. I am now starting to cool down. My ac rarely stops.

legzzalot 06-20-2010 02:34 PM

YUP! I can't handle heat. the AC broke at my phys therapy place one day when I was there and I ended up leaving halfway thru my workout because my skin was crawling and the heat was causing balance issues. If I get super hot my eyes and my balance and my skin crawlie feeling all act up at once.

Neurontin helps a little with the creepie crawlies, but I have been hiding in my house lately because it is just too hot to go outside.

Thinking about ordering a cooling vest or just making one, it's just a vest with pockets for the ice packs. Try to keep cool.

SallyC 06-21-2010 09:50 AM

Is it Hot outside..:D:p:D. It's mighty cool in here.;)

Kitty 06-21-2010 11:48 AM

It was 91 degrees before noon here today. My A/C runs non-stop from about 8 AM until 10 PM everyday. It comes on and off during the night. I'm on budget billing so my bill is the same year round but they always tell me what my "actual" usage was. Last month my bill would have been $211. I can't wait to see what this month would have been. :rolleyes:

Dejibo 06-21-2010 12:40 PM

went out to do some local errands, and by the time I got home, I was confused, and wobbly. I dont do well in the heat! :(

Debbie D 06-21-2010 01:47 PM

Sal, it's cool wherever you are;)

Heat and humidity are doing a number on all of us this year...