NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Chronic Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/)
-   -   Lyrica Side Effects?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/1260-lyrica-effects.html)

Junie 09-21-2006 09:05 AM

Lyrica Side Effects??

Has anyone had any bladder/kidney/UTI issues since starting Lyrica??
Thanks in advance!!

Jane 09-21-2006 04:41 PM

I have been taking Lyrica successfully for about nine months. For the first six weeks or so, there was a definate problem with fatigue and dizziness for about two hours after taking it. For that reason, my doctor had me take it at bedtime and two hours before I would normally get up. This meant I took it at 8:00 pm and 6:00 am. Once we got beyond this, a third dose was added with no difficulty. Good Luck.

Jyes 09-21-2006 05:15 PM

I had dizziness and fatigue also, but nothing else while I was taking Lyrica, 75mg 3x per day. But those side effects did not subside after two months so I stopped taking it.

Jyes

Idealist 09-21-2006 06:54 PM

I had the same side-effects as Jane and Jyes. Like Jyes, I quit taking it after a while, 'cause the bad outweighed the good.

Junie 09-21-2006 08:50 PM

Thanks,
I was not sure....I know so far I have all the side effects listed on their site ( I call it my crazy pill since it makes me feel crazy) but I am backing way off of it for now as I am having blackouts ( I had 2 knots on my head without knowing why) Dr wanted me to start taking 50mg 2 x daily and by end of the month to be at 6 x daily and I got as high as 4 x a day when I saw it was not going to work so I am now down to 1 or 2 a day and I will have to deal with etra pain until I see Dr again in a couple of weeks!
I will just hope the Macrocbid clears up whatever I have:)

shotspine 09-22-2006 04:50 PM

Just thought I'd let you know.....you have company. I've never taken Lyrica but right now I'm suffering terribly from side effects of Nortriptyline. I can barely see this screen and can't think. Threads I want to address and can't. Dr said today to expect 3 days after last dose (last night) for system to clear.

I wish you well. See you soon when I can think straight!!!

Hugs (I can always give those):)

jane2 09-23-2006 08:27 PM

Clear a works really well for me but I couldn't find it does it could tolerate. I was sleeping all the time. I never thought of taking it at night. I thought was supposed to take a twice a day. Maybe next time I will try it at night. So I went back to Neurontin , which isn't perfect eithe, but it's the devil I know.

kimmydawn 09-23-2006 10:38 PM

Hi everyone.

I couldn't tolerate the dizziness and sleepiness as well caring for my toddler nephew. :(

Did anyone who took it, or are taking it, at bedtime have difficulty with feeling hungover in the a.m., or difficulty waking up as well?

KD

Junie 09-23-2006 10:54 PM

Yep!! I had them all ( SE's) except wt gain!:(

marijo 09-24-2006 07:19 AM

Hello

I gained 28 pounds with Neurontin, I'm usually small, so I found this very upsetting. My pain management doc. then wanted me to try Lyrica, but I felt it was too similar to Neurontin, both chemically and the SE. I tried Cymbalta, but it made me feel dreadfully sick, and upset my ;liver, I finished up with Topamax, 200mg twice a day. Its fine. I still have quite a lot of pain, but its the best option, least side effects. I combine with paracetamol, tramadol, and a small amount of anti depressant. Generally though I really loathe having to take drugs at all. I have fused vertebrae, debenerative spine, and probs with abdominal organs as a result of spiney issues, and a weak left arm. Despite all life is wonderful!!:)