NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Let's get HAPPY! (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/126126-happy.html)

erinhermes 06-28-2010 08:10 PM

Let's get HAPPY!

Hey guys!:grouphug:

I was thinking today and remembering when this site was just a tad happier.........it seems several people have actually left due to negativity - -which I totally understand and am guilty of myself......

As far as I'm concerned this is the BEST site there is - filled with tons of loveable, smart, funny people placed in a horrible situation (for the time being) - there is ALWAYS hope for remission! ALWAYS!
:Dancing-Chilli::Dancing-Chilli:

Granted, we all have bad days, but when the going gets tough we band together...........that is a beautiful thing to see!:hug:

So...............................just for one week can we try and log in with just one piece of good news? Ideas for remission? Pet stories? A beautiful sunset? A small kindness that someone has shown us?

I will always be grateful for this site! All of you have been so kind and wonderful! I hate MG, but feel blessed to have you in my life!

My good thing for today is that my sweetie brought me home dinner and set up a cleaning service for the rest of this week.........can't get much better than that!

Big hugs!
Erin:hug:

rezmommy 06-28-2010 08:42 PM

How nice of your hubby to do that Erin! I agree that a little good news goes a long way. Today was just a wonderful day. In the morning my daughter got the expressive arts award in her grade 4 class. In the afternoon my son got his yellow belt black stripe in Tae Kwon Do. I got to sit there as the proud mommy. :)
Glad you are back Erin to put us on the right path!

erinhermes 06-28-2010 08:55 PM

What wonderful news!

Hey sweetie!:hug:

What wonderful news! There is nothing more exciting than when something GREAT happens with our little ones!:D

Let's keep the ball rolling and see what other great news we can learn!

Love

Quote:

Originally Posted by rezmommy (Post 669605)
How nice of your hubby to do that Erin! I agree that a little good news goes a long way. Today was just a wonderful day. In the morning my daughter got the expressive arts award in her grade 4 class. In the afternoon my son got his yellow belt black stripe in Tae Kwon Do. I got to sit there as the proud mommy. :)
Glad you are back Erin to put us on the right path!

suev 06-28-2010 10:18 PM

OK - here's mine for today.....

Had to take truck in for repair - braced myself for the 'bad news'.. turns out no biggie. It going to cost less than 1/4 what I thought - - and it'll be ready tomorrow!!

Now That's Outrageously Good News!!

And then ...

it rained!! (haven't had rain for weeks) - - so I didn't have to drag out the hoses to water the yard! What a gift!

So I had a GREAT DAY!

allen L 06-28-2010 10:56 PM

despite my exciting day of hives and itching, I booked a one week stay in a secluded country cabin up in the mountains of NY with my wife. Huge place, the owners threw in one night for free, so 5 nights at a very reasonable price. I will be going end of July. Im looking foward to some relaxing time with just my wife. No other people

erinhermes 06-29-2010 12:24 AM

Hi Sue!

Hey honey!:hug: What great news!

As you know I live in Texas as well and it rained like crazy! It was so nice!:yahoo::Head-Spin:

Let's keep the good news rolling!
Gosh, I missed being here!

Love to ALL of you!
Erin:grouphug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by suev (Post 669646)
OK - here's mine for today.....

Had to take truck in for repair - braced myself for the 'bad news'.. turns out no biggie. It going to cost less than 1/4 what I thought - - and it'll be ready tomorrow!!

Now That's Outrageously Good News!!

And then ...

it rained!! (haven't had rain for weeks) - - so I didn't have to drag out the hoses to water the yard! What a gift!

So I had a GREAT DAY!

erinhermes 06-29-2010 12:28 AM

Hi Allen!

Hey hon!:hug: How wonderful and romantic! I can't wait to do the same........lol!:D

We are so blessed to have great spouses! LOL!

It would be great to get together.....we need all the support we can get!

love

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen L (Post 669658)
despite my exciting day of hives and itching, I booked a one week stay in a secluded country cabin up in the mountains of NY with my wife. Huge place, the owners threw in one night for free, so 5 nights at a very reasonable price. I will be going end of July. Im looking foward to some relaxing time with just my wife. No other people

Christy 06-29-2010 12:55 AM

Summer 2010

My “ Let's get HAPPY! “

I will be leaving town for the weekend. First time away from home except to be with immediate family post MG diagnosis, I am a wreck thinking about choking, breathing, eating strange food and explaining neuromuscular junction malfunction (and oh …please NO photos guys). Fireworks??? Hikes???? Heat??? Oh my. But… throwing caution to the wind I leave Saturday.

Erin , delighted you are posting again, Your repeated encouragement kept me going more than you will ever know, Glad you get to see Lilly soon.

And to all a good night rest.
C,

DesertFlower 06-29-2010 11:05 AM

Leave it to Erin to give us all a bit of happiness.

My good new is this...maybe I am going into remission or maybe I am just having some good days. For two weeks now I have had to cut down on my Mestinon due to overdose feelings (cramps and twitching in my muscles)...and I continuously am feeling better, althought the MG is far from being gone.

Yesterday I went out with my kids harvesting Saguaro fruits, one of my favorite things to do. Couldn't go last year because there was no way I could balance walking in the desert, I could barely walk on a smooth surface without falling over...but yesterday I was fine and was even able to use the 10 ft stick to pull the fruit out of the cactus. Last year I could barely pick up small things or brush my hair let alone reach my arms above my head with a 10 ft pole. Hooray! I hope it lasts and even if it doesn't I am so happy to be able to go out and do something fun with my kids.

I noticed yesterday that I am actually sitting straight in my chair and standing up tall - this may sound silly, but I have been slouching and not able to stand up straight for over a year now - this last week has been great (the week before, when I started needing less Mestinon, I was not good because I was in extreme pain from the muscle cramps, I thought I was going to have to go to the emergency room it was so bad).

Thank you Erin! I look forward to reading more good news from everyone, and I hope everyone experiences a few good days with their MG.

:D

erinhermes 06-29-2010 12:30 PM

Hi Christy!

Hey honey! I know EXACTLY how you feel.....I was so scared when I took my first trip to New York, but it was well worth it!:D

You know your body - don't let anyone try and convince you to do something you aren't comfortable with.......they don't have to deal with the MG.

Take a deep breath, relax, NAP when you need to and just ENJOY! You deserve to be happy and relaxed.

We are just a click away.........

Have a GREAT time!

LOve,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christy (Post 669692)
My “ Let's get HAPPY! “

I will be leaving town for the weekend. First time away from home except to be with immediate family post MG diagnosis, I am a wreck thinking about choking, breathing, eating strange food and explaining neuromuscular junction malfunction (and oh …please NO photos guys). Fireworks??? Hikes???? Heat??? Oh my. But… throwing caution to the wind I leave Saturday.

Erin , delighted you are posting again, Your repeated encouragement kept me going more than you will ever know, Glad you get to see Lilly soon.

And to all a good night rest.
C,