NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Off to Florida ! (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/12629-florida.html)

Dolfinz 02-03-2007 04:15 PM

Off to Florida !

Hi everyone.. Just wanted to let you guys know that I am off to Florida for an extended stay to take care of my mother- she is having back surgery. and my father is having shoulder surgery right after ! Talk about taking care of my parents !

I am looking forward to it tho.. and the warmth and the sun all tho it has been rainy and the storms hit 3 hrs north of them. I have been in so much pain for about a month now and I am hoping the weather change will help.. Mass. gets pretty cold too !

Di- I hope things get better and easier for you as the days go on and I am glad you took my advice and went tanning too ! It sounds like you needed a day of beauty ! (don't we all deserve it !)

To everyone else, I hope your days are pain free and as happy as they can be ! I will be back in about a month I think and I will let yo guys know how it went ! Thanks to everyone on this forum, you all make me feel so loved.

Bye for a few weeks....

Dolfinz

DiMarie 02-03-2007 05:17 PM

keep warm

Have fun Dolfinz,
Don't hurt yourself with taking care of Mom, I wish her a speedy recovery. Enjoy some sun, it works wonders.
If you get a chance keep us posted, what part of FL will you be in?
Di

Jomar 02-03-2007 06:15 PM

have a good and safe trip Dolfinz.

astern 02-03-2007 07:09 PM

Taking care of my parents has been a real source of strength to me... knowing I can still be good for something. Today is the 1st anniv. of my Dad passing. Now I am taking care of Mom, she's Job #1. TOS is Job #2. :p

Looking back, I did everything I could do. It's a satisfying feeling. I know you will gain endless strength from caring for your parents, no matter how much you may hurt. Please take care of yourself dolfinz!
:hug:

Curious 02-03-2007 07:30 PM

have a safe trip. sending healing prayers for your folks.

watsonsh 02-03-2007 09:12 PM

Have a safe and enjoyable trip Dolfinz.

Wishing a speedy recovery to Mom and Dad :grouphug:

Dolfinz 02-04-2007 07:45 AM

Hi everyone...
Thanks for the sendoff's.. I am going to Englewood 2 hrs. south of Tampa..

It is hard to care for your parents, but I do get alot of satisfaction out of it because they have helped me so much thru the TOS part of my life...

So goodbye for now I will try and get on when I am down there, but it is dialup down there !!! Ciao

Dolfinz

dawn3063 02-04-2007 03:23 PM

Hi Dolfinz

Best of luck to your Mom and Dad with there up and coming surgery. Take care of your self too. Rest while you can.. I helped my Mom with a knee replacement it was hard but I am so glad I was able to help her. She's been a huge help to me too..
Best of luck and wishing Mom and Dad a speedy recovery..
((Hugs))
Dawn :hug: