NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Hives and School (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/12735-hives-school.html)

befuddled2 02-05-2007 12:30 PM

Hives and School

Hi all,

It seems ever since I started back to school at Goodwill last week my face has been breaking out in hives again. When I was on the long break from school though my face was not breaking out. When my face breaks out in these hives they leave red scars on my face so I am perplexed now as to what to do. I know that due to certain conditions like a teacher whom I feel very stressed with at Goodwill could be the culprit of my hives. I want to just quit going to Goodwill as I fear my face becoming so terrible to look at that my already low self esteem will plummet even further. However, I fear not getting the knowledge of what I would learn at Goodwill.

befuddled2

befuddled2 02-05-2007 03:02 PM

Hi Bizi,

I go to Goodwill for their computer training and not work. I don't have to be there to break out. Just the thought of going back will bring on an attack of hives. I've been to the doctor twice. I cannot seem to pin point it on any foods except maybe bread but then whole grains or other things with that and wheat in it don't seem to bother me.

I should call the doctor today about it and make an appointment for tomorrow and ask their advice. I see one of my counselors Friday.

befuddled2

DiMarie 02-05-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by befuddled2 (Post 67317)
Hi all,

It seems ever since I started back to school at Goodwill last week my face has been breaking out in hives again. When I was on the long break from school though my face was not breaking out. When my face breaks out in these hives they leave red scars on my face so I am perplexed now as to what to do. I know that due to certain conditions like a teacher whom I feel very stressed with at Goodwill could be the culprit of my hives. I want to just quit going to Goodwill as I fear my face becoming so terrible to look at that my already low self esteem will plummet even further. However, I fear not getting the knowledge of what I would learn at Goodwill.

befuddled2

BF,
I had two thoughts, one was when I had a lot of stress, I had bouts of hives.
Also, something in cleaning chemicals at work and then touching your face. Did you try the Benadryl or is it too contraindicated for you?

I needed a shot of steroids to conteract mine when it was bad. Back in days of stress from harassment and stalking of my ex set it off mega bad,
Di

befuddled2 02-05-2007 06:10 PM

Hi Di,

My teacher at Goodwill is a lot like my abusive husband only she's a she and my husband was a man. Gee, I'm not having a good day today. A friend of mine who also went to Goodwill and has a brief experience with the same teacher talked me into telling my DRS counselor and the doctor everything about the teacher that bothers me. My Pysch counselor wanted for me to talk to my DRS counselor before I even went back to school but I didn't do it. No one listened to me the almost the whole time my soon to be ex husband emotionally battered me for 12+ years. Even when the abuse turned physical my own shrink at the clinic told me I should try to make my marriage work. D*arn, I'm angry at the clinic and all the people who would not listen to me. Now I'm finding poeple who are listening but I still have the hang up of why say anything, no one is gonna listen.

Sorry to go on. I'm getting emotional.

befuddled2

Mari 02-06-2007 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by befuddled2 (Post 67469)
Now I'm finding poeple who are listening but I still have the hang up of why say anything, no one is gonna listen.

Hi,
It takes practice and time to start speaking up for oneself.
Be patient with yourself.

Mari :)

Mari 02-06-2007 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by befuddled2 (Post 67393)
I cannot seem to pin point it on any foods except maybe bread but then whole grains or other things with that and wheat in it don't seem to bother me.

B,
Just a thought -- bread has yeast in it. some people I suppose could react to that.

M.

befuddled2 02-06-2007 04:14 PM

My husband the b*tt head

Thank you Bizi and Mari,

Mari, the yeast could have some merit to it.

I am just emotionally drained now. My doctor's office called me today because my husband's health insurance has been cancelled on me. I had to call some places and at one point I ended up cussing at a computer's voice on the phone because I couldn't get a live person. My nerves were already shattered about this school thing. It did feel good though to get angry and yell even though it was at a computer on the phone. My husband is suppose to keep the health insurance on me until we are divorced. Well, no one has even filed for a divorce yet.

befuddled2