NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Is it supposed to feel like this ? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/127881-supposed-feel.html)

RUReady 07-12-2010 01:40 PM

Is it supposed to feel like this ?

Is it really supposed to hurt this bad ??? I have awoken several times the last few weeks in such horrific pain (the RSD type of pain-burning,aching,etc.) that I can only describe as it feels that I am not really sure the next breath is going to come . The pain is so intense it seems to go to the soul , and I wonder that this must surely be how it feels when you are dying... , not trying to be dramatic but I do not know of any other way to describe the pain . Anyhow , I will lay there just trying to get to the next moment and slowly things will start to ease up a little to the point that I can get out of bed and eventually this pain eases....Does this sound familiar to anyone ???? On a bright side we got some Granddaughter time yesterday , the unassuming love is the greatest thing ever ! Hope all are doing well and take care !

Lisa in Ohio 07-12-2010 09:40 PM

Hi RU, Yeah, I hear you. Sometimes I even dream in pain. Others, I just wake up feeling like I surely should be dead because nothing should ever hurt this bad. Glad you got some grandkid time, they are just about the greatest thing ever invented. Lisa

AintSoBad 07-13-2010 12:20 AM

RU,
Grand daughter time is surely the best!
I'm sorry you wake in pain.

I don't dream it, though, I DO get Nightmares! All about the most Wonderful life, that I lost!
And, had stolen! By wives, lawyers, etc....
When you're weak, other humans sense it, and they're worse than wolves!

So, chin up, and find a med that works for you!

I'm so far into this, 27 years, Methadone is my savior, of course God is my true savior!
But,
I don't know what I'd do.
I enjoy mostly helping others, who are in distress.

That's my little story.
Hope you feel better!

Pete
asb

peppermintpatty 07-13-2010 02:24 AM

I've been having the nightmares as well. I dream that my leg is being cut, shot, etc., then typically I'll wake up & be in really intense pain.

I don't really have any encouraging words, I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. Sleep is really a struggle right now, I'm working with my PCM, neurologist and pain management team to try to improve it.

hurting 07-13-2010 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUReady (Post 674757)
Is it really supposed to hurt this bad ??? I have awoken several times the last few weeks in such horrific pain (the RSD type of pain-burning,aching,etc.) that I can only describe as it feels that I am not really sure the next breath is going to come . The pain is so intense it seems to go to the soul , and I wonder that this must surely be how it feels when you are dying... , not trying to be dramatic but I do not know of any other way to describe the pain . Anyhow , I will lay there just trying to get to the next moment and slowly things will start to ease up a little to the point that I can get out of bed and eventually this pain eases....Does this sound familiar to anyone ???? On a bright side we got some Granddaughter time yesterday , the unassuming love is the greatest thing ever ! Hope all are doing well and take care !

No it shouldn't but it does. I know how you feel each morning the very first thing I do is look for my pain meds take them and wait for them to kick in than start going about my day.

The few good days when I get up out of bed and the pain is not so bad are the days I really appreciate because I feel like a normal person with little akes and pains. When you have a bad day think about the few good ones to help you through the rough ones. For me a busy mind helps keeps the pain at bay sure it is bad but if you keep your mine on what makes you happy the pain will not fell so bad. This is how I keep from having to take so many pills every day. I will not let this take over my life and ran me into the ground. Less pain pills clearer mind.

hannah1234 07-13-2010 08:03 PM

I don't know what to say except I feel your pain. Pray, and hang on to your close family, and enjoy your time with your granddaughter:) We are all here to understand and to listen.

It should not be this hard, its just not right. But for us it is this hard. You can get through it, and so can all of us. Keep your strength and your faith strong. We can all do it:)