NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Pregnancy update.....sugar & spice & everything nice (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/127997-pregnancy-update-sugar-spice-nice.html)

RedPenguins 07-14-2010 12:01 AM

Pregnancy update.....sugar & spice & everything nice

Hi everyone,

I am now a little more than halfway through my pregnancy....21 weeks as of Thursday.

I am doing VERY well - with no "visible" MS symptoms. My only "symptom" at this time (and for the past 16 weeks) is that I am exhausted. I suppose the fatigue is not much different than the MS fatigue, though I am able to work through it better than I was able to do with the MS fatigue. Of course, in addition to being pregnant, the last few weeks I have also been working 50+ hours a week and have an almost 4 year old running around at home! So, needless to say, things aren't in my favor to get a good night's sleep. (having to pee 4x a night does not help things at all. lol) But even with the extreme fatigue, I do not have the other symptoms that would often accompany the fatigue (headaches, double vision, vertigo, etc.) so I am VERY happy about that.

The heat is just starting to hit here in Southern California. (Our hottest month is actually September). But then again we did hit triple digits today and it's expected to get hotter as the week progresses (hotter than 105?! I'll be inside, thank you very much!)

I remain very pleased with my decision(s) to undergo HiCy (twice). I believe it has altered my disease course...for now...and I guess time will tell. As a benefit of pregnancy, my hair is growing like crazy!! So it's growing in nicely and FAST now. Which I really like and feel like I will be back to my old long hair much sooner thanks to baby. ;)

Speaking of baby, tee hee....it looks like SUGAR AND SPICE AND EVERYTHING NICE....:p a little girl will be joining us right around Thanksgiving (due date is actually thanksgiving!).

I still do lurk around the boards...but don't feel I have much to add as I'm not really struggling (or dealing) with the MS right now. I just continue to hope that I do NOT have a post partum flare. Again, time will tell.

Hoping everyone is well....and staying cool this summer.

~Keri

Twinkletoes 07-14-2010 01:47 AM

Thanks for the update, Keri. Glad your little bun is still in the oven! Working 50 hours a week? Oh my! Well, maybe that will help the time to go by faster...?

Do you have a name picked out for your little girl yet? How exciting! :hug:

Koala77 07-14-2010 04:31 AM

It's lovely to hear from you, and it's good to hear that all is well.

Looking forward to seeing those first photos in just a few months time. :)

Dejibo 07-14-2010 07:35 AM

awww keri, its so nice to hear from you! hang in there! you are doing great! :hug:

Snoopy 07-14-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedPenguins (Post 675297)
I still do lurk around the boards...but don't feel I have much to add as I'm not really struggling (or dealing) with the MS right now.
~Keri

Keri, you don't need to be struggling or dealing with MS to offer advice or support to someone else...your experience and knowledge could be helpful to others. Just sayiing......;)

As for your pregnancy :yahoo: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Debbie D 07-14-2010 12:50 PM

Keri,
Glad to hear from you...you are so busy...no wonder you're fatigued!
Take care and check in once in a while!

barb02 07-14-2010 02:21 PM

Keri,

Happy to hear that you are doping so well :hug:!

NurseNancy 07-14-2010 04:10 PM

keri,

how nice to hear from you. i'm so glad you're doing so well and feel well.
great news about the little sugar plum. do you have a name? is your 4 y/o a girl too?

of course i have to end with some advice...remember to stay hydrated. that will help you feel well.

i'm so excited for you. wishing you and your family the best.

SallyC 07-14-2010 08:53 PM

YaaHoo, Keri...doing well with MS and pregnancy too. What more could you want or need.:)

I can't wait..:hug::hug:

EddieF 07-14-2010 09:06 PM

Hey. How about getting your Estriol & Progesterone levels checked for us now and months after birth when symptoms return? I'd much appreciate it! :) Wish you the best!

I really think its the estriol & progesterone levels that make MS go bye-bye.