NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Does Air Condition in Office Buildings or Vehicle's effect your pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/128375-air-condition-office-buildings-vehicles-effect-pain.html)

hurting 07-19-2010 02:27 PM

Does Air Condition in Office Buildings or Vehicle's effect your pain

How many with crps or crps2 get increase pain when around air conditioning weather in a car or in buildings.

The reason I ask is when I am around air conditioning my pain level goes through the roof. I was trying to see if this is common for people with crps.

Jomar 07-19-2010 03:40 PM

I've read that many times - that the breezes hot or cold can really be bothersome for many with RSD. Like the cold foods isles in the stores:(

I'm sure you'll get input from some of the RSD members soon.

I hope they also have some tips for how to deal with it when you aren't able to adjust or turn it off.

hannah1234 07-19-2010 04:01 PM

I know I can speak for all of us here that... YES YES YES YES!!! It does. You aren't alone. If you read back we wrote on it alot. It is a vicious circle... of no air=being hot, but then your hot you need air but the fan hurts the skin and you get goosebumps. Yes. :) You aren't alone!!! :)

Hannah

Lisa in Ohio 07-19-2010 09:50 PM

I sure am having problems. I have been sitting in my house sweating just because the air conditioner is so painful. I carry a sweater everywhere I go just to try to keep the arm warm and always have a shawl in my bag for church. Right now I can't even stand the car windows being down because the blowing air causes pain. Lisa

dreambeliever128 07-20-2010 08:40 AM

Hi,

In Colorado we have to layer our clothes in the winter time because we go from snow of the morning to short sleeves later in the day. I cannot wear long sleeve tops or sweaters at all in the winter months. I can't wear a heavy coat either. My clothes have to be light weight and I just start stripping due to getting to hot.

In summer, the heat gets to me. Right now I have my swamp cooler going but I stay at the far end of the house to keep from getting to cool. At night it goes off and just a fan going and not aimed at me.

In a public place, I can freeze in air conditioning. You just have to avoid sitting near the air if possible in a Drs. office or other public buildings.

I haven't ran my car air conditioning all summer. I will roll a window down but I can't stand the air. We are seeing 100+ heat here everyday right now. It's not typical for Colorado. We are also seeing a lot of humidity anymore and that is really hard to deal with. It seems like I notice it more then most people but I know I'm not imagining it.

I seem to have a harder time with pain in the summer then the winter for some reason.

Ada

firegirl 07-20-2010 02:44 PM

Any extreme temperatures : hot or cold.....really bother me. U are not alone!!

Debby 07-20-2010 05:10 PM

I am ok in AC so to speak until my feet get cold...........& that happens alot & then they will hurt worse even if it is like 40 mins to an hour after I take my pain meds. It sucks but I I wear leg warmers even in the summer & we are having 90+ here right now. We are having high humidity levels in the morning & evening. and THAT is just not normal for the part of Cali I live in, The high humidity anyway isn't normal. But then anything over 20% humidity is considered high humidity out here *LOL* But I am from Iowa & have only lived here since 1999 so I remember what high humidity with high temperatures feel like..........miserable.......

I actually could not nor would I live without AC in the summer. I do all I can just as in the winter months to keep my feet warm so they don't hurt as much.

DebbyV

catra121 07-20-2010 07:19 PM

Air conditioning definitely bothers me...both in the car and in a building/house. The boyfriend and I are constantly at odds over the air. I usually just wear pants and socks in the house even when it is REALLY hot outside because I can't stand the cold. The air gets turned off if I am wearing anything other than pants and socks (and the socks are painful but less so than the cold). I've just come to terms with the fact that I will not be wearing shorts ever again...

RUReady 07-20-2010 08:52 PM

Most definitely ! The thing that bothers me most it seems is going into a store when you have any perspiration on your arm (which seems to be always in effected arm) and you hit the cold air . I have on several occasions had to go wait in the car for everyone to finish shopping....This RSD has a way of taking away your manliness ! LOL , always a real toughness indicator when you say "I am going to have to go sit in car , this AC is hurting me".....(laughing at self) . You will find yourself looking up for air ducts when seating or even walking through new places...Take Care !

Dubious 07-20-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurting (Post 676852)
How many with crps or crps2 get increase pain when around air conditioning weather in a car or in buildings.

The reason I ask is when I am around air conditioning my pain level goes through the roof. I was trying to see if this is common for people with crps.

Yes!!!!!!!