NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Down Memory (Food) Lane (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/128846-memory-food-lane.html)

Blessings2You 07-25-2010 04:23 PM

Down Memory (Food) Lane

What's the best thing you ever ate? (I must be watching Guy Fieri too much)

And...what's the worst thing you ever ate?

Kitty 07-25-2010 04:49 PM

Best: My Mom's Banana Pudding

Worst: Raw Oysters

Dejibo 07-25-2010 04:53 PM

chicken and dumplings. :D

mrsD 07-25-2010 04:55 PM

Best ==Steamed lobster by far.

worst? Cardboard cheezy type pizzas.... some are inedible IMO.

Erin524 07-25-2010 05:55 PM

Vomit flavored Jelly Bellies.

and yes, I did get sick.

The jelly beans were from a special promotion of assorted flavors for some Harry Potter movie. There were some normal flavors in the box (grape, cherry, things like that...)

I was never able to finish the box after the vomit flavor jelly bean.

Best thing I've ever eaten??

Probably the first time I ever had a s'more. I think I was 3 or 4yrs old and my parents made them one night. I've been in love with s'mores ever since.

SallyC 07-25-2010 07:16 PM

My Momma's Chicken Botboy (homemade thick noodles and chicken) Yummmmmmmm!

A fresh tomato and cucumbers. Yuckkkkkk!

Koala77 07-25-2010 08:54 PM

I can't name a best food I've had, because during my life there have been so many meals that have been wonderful ........ some I've even cooked myself. :winky:

The worst thing would have to be tripe! :eek:

I was staying at a girlfriend's home for the weekend (we were about 13 years old), and my GF asked her mum to cook her very favourite meal as a treat for me.

She and I have been friends for over 45 years now, but I have never let her forget that meal! :D

Erin524 07-26-2010 12:54 AM

The other worst thing I've ever had...my mom made this pie once when I was probably 13 or 14...told me it was apple pie. I tasted it, and promptly spit it out (strangely enough, it was quite similar to that jelly bean I ate)

It was green tomato pie. YUCK!

The guy who cuts my hair is always bugging me to get my mom to make him one. He loved green tomato pie when my mom would bring him one. My mom doesnt bake now, so I might just find the copy of the recipe and give it to him.

We dont grow our own tomatoes anymore anyways, so she wouldnt have anything to make it with. Last year we tried growing tomatoes, and we never got any because the squirrels kept stealing them, and then later in the summer the tomatoes got some sort of blight. The squirrels would still steal them, but we'd find them in the yard with just a couple of bites eaten out of them, instead of just bits of tomato peel on the sidewalk.

Dejibo 07-26-2010 08:28 AM

Pot roast with all the vegies! mmm...

Worst is TRIPE! ICK EWW! that ranks up there with okra for me. We used to eat alot of that stuff growing up. ICK! :(

tkrik 07-26-2010 11:01 AM

Like Koala, there are too many good foods I have eaten over the years to pick the best.

The worst and most horrifying that I remember was cow's tongue. :eek: YUCKKKYYY!!! I do not know what possessed my mom to try and feed 10 kids cow's tongue.:confused: Although, some of my brothers and sisters actually liked it. EWWWW!

Next to cow's tongue was tuna casserole. Another big YUCK among us kids that we still laugh about today. My mom made if frequently and it was always so gross. Of course, we had to eat what was on our plates so I ate it. But still . . .YUCK!