NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Do you hear what I hear?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/129038-hear-hear.html)

mrkmyword 07-28-2010 06:56 AM

Do you hear what I hear??

No this Jewish girl is not singing Xmas carols:winky: remind me to sing you some Chanukah tunes when the holidays come:D

One thing I've learned from MS - that I am SURE of.

We are ALL very different!
None of us have the same symptoms the same feelings or take the same course of medication.

And the hardest part is that we DON'T look sick!
Not that I want to look sick mind you

I have had so many friends and family members make fun of my naps.:Zzzz:

'What you couldn't get up like the rest of us in the morning?' :rolleyes:

':Yawn: You look fine - guess that 3 HOUR nap really helped you?':Sigh:

':Yawn: Are you going for a nap again?' in the worst whiny voice.:eek:

':Yawn: if you keep napping forget sleeping at night':smirk:

Some of those annoying folks have become 'toxic' to me and I've kicked them to the curb some of the closer ones I sent an email to;

E-X-P-L-A-I-N-I-N-G in great detail that I HAVE multiple sclerosis you knobs -no I don't need or want your pity.
I do want you to listen to me when I explain why I am tired ALL the time why the heat sucks the life out of me and I want to throw this vase of flowers at you for making a stupid 'nap' joke

Aside from thrown objects has anyone else had the 'pleasure' of hearing these comments?
How have you dealt with them?

Dejibo 07-28-2010 09:54 AM

I have kicked them to the curb! If I want a nap,I am a grown woman, and MS or no MS I dont need permission, nor a peanut gallery to comment on my actions. 1 nap a day or 20 naps a day, Its MY house, and I am a gown up.

Good for you to get rid of some of the toxins in your life! you will nap better for it! :hug:

SallyC 07-28-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkmyword (Post 679731)
I have had so many friends and family members make fun of my naps.:Zzzz:

'What you couldn't get up like the rest of us in the morning?' :rolleyes:

':Yawn: You look fine - guess that 3 HOUR nap really helped you?':Sigh:

':Yawn: Are you going for a nap again?' in the worst whiny voice.:eek:

':Yawn: if you keep napping forget sleeping at night':smirk:

Aside from thrown objects has anyone else had the 'pleasure' of hearing these comments?
How have you dealt with them?

Sure have....see my quote's thread. :D

If they're lucky, I ignore them. :eek:

doydie 07-29-2010 11:30 PM

I just hate it when my Mom says things like me doing a simple b'day party for my DGD with cupcakes and ice cream for 5 people is way over doing it. That's why I have bronchitis this week. Am I not going to have a very simple b'day for her. I will go to my death bed having a b'day party for her.

Debbie D 07-30-2010 02:22 PM

I am lucky in that I don't have people saying negative things to me...sounds like you're a strong person in not letting people get away with that crap...kudos to you!!:hug:

Kitty 07-30-2010 02:28 PM

It's hard to explain why some days I feel like doing "normal" things like shopping, cleaning and cooking without having to take a nap and then other days I can't even get dressed without having to stop for a rest. :rolleyes: I don't even understand it! And folks want me to explain it to them??? :rolleyes:

Dejibo 07-30-2010 04:35 PM

Im so freaking tired!!!! Can I take another nap?:confused:

Kitty 07-30-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dejibo (Post 680476)
Im so freaking tired!!!! Can I take another nap?:confused:

Dej, you have a reason to be so tired.......you're on cat-duty!

Dejibo 07-30-2010 05:13 PM

I swear, I have one neighbor that constantly drops in UNannounced and always says the exact same thing. "oh! im sorry, you were napping again?" and she give me that sympathetic head nod. I always respond "nope, just running myself ragged and havent had time to comb my hair, but a nap is a great idea!" She always looks at me like I just crawled off the mother ship.

I learned long ago to stop giving a bing bong about what other people want from me. Im dancing as fast as I can. :cool:

Debbie D 08-01-2010 12:46 PM

My problem is what I think of MYSELF...not what others think of me...I get so disappointed in myself for needing a nap after doing very little...and not having any zeal to do much anymore...I am hardest on myself...:(