NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Venous Doppler Friday (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/129474-venous-doppler-friday.html)

EddieF 08-03-2010 07:53 PM

Venous Doppler Friday

Doc worked fast. Saw him yesterday, was called to schedule Doppler today!
Friday is the begining of the begining or end!! Please god show restriction.

SallyC 08-03-2010 09:54 PM

Good luck Eddie...keep us posted..:)

Kitty 08-04-2010 12:50 AM

Good luck, Eddie! :hug: I wish you the best and please keep us updated on your doctor visit.

Lady 08-04-2010 12:57 AM

Eddie, good luck to you. I hope this IR doctor uses the Zamboni Protocol. :hug:

That was fast. Let us know how you make out when you get the results. They can only to the jugulars with the ultrasound. Only the 3-D MRV color Doppler can see the Azygous vein in the chest wall behind the breast bone.

I hope that is the Doppler you get. Too bad you can't go straight to the Venagram, that way they can fix anything they see, during that procedure.
Best of luck to you.

Judy2 08-04-2010 03:04 AM

Best of luck to you on Friday, Eddie!! Your doctor must be interested in the outcome too being he moved so quickly to schedule your appointment. Please keep us informed. I'll be thinking of you!! :)

Aarcyn 08-04-2010 10:58 AM

if it is not too crude to ask, how much is it going to cost and will insurance be covering any of it?

Dejibo 08-04-2010 11:54 AM

Good Luck! :hug:

EddieF 08-04-2010 02:46 PM

Thanks. Im on Medicare so 20% of Doppler's on me. MRV - Doppler is 1st step I told my Dr. If it shows reason to go further, MRV follows. Yes I wish I could go straight to MRV, especially since I do what I do withh MR's as you see in my album. I heard the Doppler is able to go home with me on cd like mr, ct pet so yes I'll post pictures if possible :)

EddieF 08-05-2010 06:09 PM

Well...

Not tomorrow. The morning started off with a phone call telling me I have to schedule at a different location since they don't accept my type of secondary which I told her I want to pay cash the 20% but noooo..
1 minute later the phone rings again and its billing/code dept telling me the code my Dr gave was denied! I've just got out of shower and prepping my ostomy for new barrier I do every day because surgeon made my stoma (intestine) recessed! and the expert in NY was only able to make it stick out 1/8-1/4" but hell..thats awesome compared to 1st a-hole and I manage it well.

So I go to local monthly MS meeting, enjoy it & spread ccsvi, hormones, ampyra ect talk. Lots of people in my area have MS I had no idea. They're great gatherings and recommend them (can't believe I said that).

Drive 50miles round trip to junkyard for electronic climate control buttons/display for my car since it broke on me and we can't have that, come home and had left 3 messages for my Dr about code problem before I left, and get a call from nurse (she's awesome) telling me she found the correct code for my condition (I forgot to tell him about all the face/neck numbness monday and then some) and to call scheduling tomorrrow to set it up I'm good to go! WHEW! So how about I have results next Friday for ya's! Thank God for people in the med field that try.

Ed

edit - fyi - Doppler cost here cash is $350 for uni lat, $500 for bi lat. I imagine bi = both sides of neck.

jeep4wd 08-06-2010 01:09 AM

Thank you so much for the updates!Hope that all goes smoothly now.