NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Who or what would you want to go see live? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/129727-live.html)

Earl 08-06-2010 05:23 PM

Who or what would you want to go see live?

I get e-mails regularly from Live Nation concert promoters. I don't know why, I don't ever recall signing up for an e-mail list but I still get them. They don't bother me. I can hardly afford to go see anyone but it is fun to see who is coming to town.

SO, the question is, who would you like to see in concert/tour live? is there a limit to what you would pay? Is there anyone you would LOVE to or "die for" seeing and meeting back stage in a meet-and-greet?

Personally, I would just fall over fainting if I could do a meet-and-greet for Carrie Underwood, but then again, I would probably get arrested for trying to kiss and hold her, to me, she is perhaps one of the most perfect examples of the beauty of woman.

I would also like to see Ron White in a show.

As for broadway shows, I am always up to see RENT, but can't think of any other show.

I could probably think of others I would love to see, but I wouldn't want to MMET anyone but Carrie face to face.

Another show I would really like to see is Elton John/Billy Joel, I heard they toured together a few years ago.

One thing with me tho, If I go see a show, I want to be in the first few rows, any farther back and I can't see them well enough to enjoy it.

As for cost, if money were no object, that's what I would pay to MEET Carrie, if I wont he lottery I would pay a million bucks to have her give me a private concert. Most others I won't pay more than $40.00 a ticket.

SallyC 08-06-2010 08:57 PM

I think we ought to send a stalker warning to Carry Underwood. :D:p:D

We have an outdoor summer concert place and I can open my front door and hear famous singers and bands, every weekend, during the summer. If I could walk better, I could see them in person. :)

karousel 08-06-2010 10:07 PM

There are some I'd love to see - Toby Keith being my #1 - but when I see the price of the tickets I honestly can't see paying that much. I'd love a meet and greet so if I was guaranteed that I would meet him I'd be willing to buy a regularly priced ticket and maybe a few bucks more to see him. But there would be a limit to what I'd pay.

Now if it was to meet Stephen King...that'd be different!!

PolarExpress 08-06-2010 10:18 PM

Right now, the only group I'd like to see is the Blue Man Group...With seats close enough to get splashed :D. I was in radio for a long time & never paid for a concert ticket or backstage pass, so I got pretty spoiled. Besides, I'm old & cheap now, so wouldn't pay a heck of a lot to see anyone.
Earl, I'm with you on the Elton John/Billy Joel concert. That would've been good. I saw Elton John several years ago, and his shows are fun...or at least they used to be. Don't know if he dresses in the Donald Duck costume anymore :rolleyes:.

Earl 08-06-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 682712)
I think we ought to send a stalker warning to Carry Underwood. :D:p:D

We have an outdoor summer concert place and I can open my front door and hear famous singers and bands, every weekend, during the summer. If I could walk better, I could see them in person. :)

don't you dare warn her about my intentions !! Lol. i actually got quite upset 2 weeks ago when she married a another man . he is not good enough for her .1 day she will see the light and come to my arms ....until then i still have my dreams .

Erin524 08-06-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolarExpress (Post 682735)
Right now, the only group I'd like to see is the Blue Man Group...With seats close enough to get splashed :D. I was in radio for a long time & never paid for a concert ticket or backstage pass, so I got pretty spoiled. Besides, I'm old & cheap now, so wouldn't pay a heck of a lot to see anyone.
Earl, I'm with you on the Elton John/Billy Joel concert. That would've been good. I saw Elton John several years ago, and his shows are fun...or at least they used to be. Don't know if he dresses in the Donald Duck costume anymore :rolleyes:.

I've seen Blue Man Group in concert. They were good, VERY loud and it was nice to go to a concert where the fans sat quietly in the seats rather than mosh pitting all over.

I saw Larry The Cable Guy last summer in Lincoln, NE. I was one of the 50,000 people in Memorial Stadium that helped him break the record for largest comedy concert. I had double vision that week, didnt feel all that great because of that, but it was a nice cool day, it was raining that day, and Larry was funny. I'd like to see him live again.

and, sorry if this will show my conservative republican side, but I'd love to see Glenn Beck live at one of his shows that he does. I saw him on a movie screen last spring. It was supposed to be a live telecast, but it ended up being a taped telecast of him and Bill O'Reilly because the show they were supposed to be live at was canceled because of some of the impressive snowstorms that happened last winter/early spring. I was disappointed, but he and Bill were still really good. I was seated too close to the screen tho, and Bill O'Reilly made me ill because he kept walking back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. Ick...motion sickness.

I very nearly made plans to go to Washington D.C. later this month to go see Glenn there on the Mall, but my boyfriend cant go with me, and I dont really want to go by myself, plus I found out that D.C. is famous for being insanely hot in late August. It's the threat of being really hot that's probably keeping me from going by myself. If he goes somewhere in a cool climate, or another telecast show in a nice air conditioned movie theatre, maybe I'll try seeing him that way.

Another couple of musicians that I'd like to see live in concert would be Ronan Tynan (part of the Irish Tenors...he did a lot of memorial concerts for the victims of 9-11. Beautiful voice!)

the other one would be Peter Buffet. (he's Warren Buffet's kid) He's done some beautiful scores for some movies, and he's done a few collaborations with some of my favorite American Indian musicians. I wish I could have gotten to see his Spirit Dance show done live. (think he did that back in the very late 90s or early 2000's) The cd for that show is probably my favorite cd. I was surprised to find out from the PBS showing of that, that Peter Buffet did my favorite piece of music from the movie Dances With Wolves. (favorite Costner movie) He did the music for the fire dance scene in the movie.

pud's friend 08-07-2010 01:05 AM

Saw Neil Diamond a few years ago and spent out on ebay tickets practically at the front. Well worth it. he was fab.

Don't think there's anyone I'd bust a gut to go see at the moment...

Blessings2You 08-07-2010 05:07 AM

In theory or in real life?

In theory, several come to mind. In real life...Ralph Stanley was a lousy 30 miles away a year or two ago, but it was at night, in a crowd, and I didn't go. Ralph Stanley!!

Koala77 08-07-2010 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pud's friend (Post 682769)
Saw Neil Diamond a few years ago and spent out on ebay tickets practically at the front. Well worth it. he was fab......

Hey Pud's friend.... I was there! I was about 5 rows back on the right of the stage......

I don't remember seeing you there. What were you wearing? :D

He was wonderful in concert, wasn't he?:)

Kitty 08-07-2010 08:00 AM

James Taylor. I love his version of Wichita Lineman. He was here several months ago with Carol King but I didn't know and it was a sold out show the first day the tickets went on sale.

Just the sound of his voice relaxes me.

Steven Curtis Chapman is another one I'd love to see.