NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Spending too much time on the computer ? (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/129856-spending-time-computer.html)

pegleg 08-08-2010 11:04 PM

Spending too much time on the computer ?

This thread is inspired by annt's thread about having fun. Think about how you spend most of your day - is it in cyberland or in real time? There's nothing bad about being involved with lots of online relationships, but beware if you lose out on the physical life going on around you.

OOPS! I pushed send too fast!

Let me hear your funniest comments (or your not s o funny ones) as to when you know you've spent too much time on the computer.

I'll start:

You know you've spent too muchh time on the computer when you didn't know your house was for sale until the internet service provider came to disconnect your service!

Now, your turn!
Peggy :)

Ronhutton 08-09-2010 01:48 AM

Computers

Hi peg,
How about,

You know you've spent too much time on the computer when you say Goodnight to the wife by email!!

Ron

Bob Dawson 08-09-2010 07:24 AM

I started saying Good Night to Bill Gates by e-mail. Forgot about the wife completely.
(If she reads this, I may develop Multiple System Collapse)

paula_w 08-09-2010 07:49 AM

You know you've spent too much time on the computer when you get up for some lunch and notice the sun is going down.

GregD 08-09-2010 08:05 AM

You know you've spent too much time on the computer when you sign your user name as your signature.

moondaughter 08-09-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paula_w (Post 683282)
You know you've spent too much time on the computer when you get up for some lunch and notice the sun is going down.

you know you've spent too much time on the computer when you look for a cure for death on google

md

Bob Dawson 08-09-2010 12:01 PM

When you start at the very first page of Neurotalk and then read all the way to the most recent page.
Again.
And then add a comment to a thread five years ago, bumping it up to the top again.
And then go back through the years to re-read your Favorites and your Bookmarks.
There is a word for this condition, but I am not sure what it is, other than the Computer on the Brain Syndrome.
And in winter, of course, check the hockey scores around the NHL every ten minutes

rose of his heart 08-09-2010 04:40 PM

Hmm

I know that I am online too long when Juliet whispers across the centuries:

Wilt thou be gone? it is not yet near day:
It was the nightingale, and not the lark,
That pierced the fearful hollow of thine ear;
Nightly she sings on yon pomegranate-tree:
Believe me, love, it was the nightingale.

pegleg 08-10-2010 07:38 AM

These are great!

Ron - I chucked at yours. both my hubby andn I have computers - his is in his bedroom and the "office" computer is nearby, only separated by a bathroom. Sometimes we "email-chat" with each other rather than sit down face-to-face like normal folks.
Bob - Luv the Multiple System Collapse analogy!
Paula & Greg D. - your comments are too close to the truth! lo
Moondaughter - interesting reply.
rose of my heart - a little "Shakes"peare goes a long way! (Me thinks I sees a PD connection in his name.

hese are good - we may have to submit them to Reader's Digest and split t he money. lol

peg

Bob Dawson 08-10-2010 08:06 AM

prisoner to the palsy said Shakespeare

Quote:

Originally Posted by pegleg (Post 683573)
Moondaughter - interesting reply.
rose of my heart - a little "Shakes"peare goes a long way! (Me thinks I sees a PD connection in his name.
peg

Shakespear and the palsy:
The duke of York in " Richard the Second," who would have chastis'd Bolingbroke had his arm not been " prisoner to the palsy; " and again Lord Say, when brought before Jack Cade, when accused of trembling, denied it, saying " the palsy and not fear provoketh me."
In the "Tempest" we find, "the nerves are in their infancy again, and have no vigor in them,"; and in "Macbeth" we have, "Take any shape but that, and my firm nerves shall never tremble."