NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Medications & Treatments (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/)
-   -   5-6 Day Epidural via Catheter (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/129904-5-6-day-epidural-via-catheter.html)

Emily_Rose 08-09-2010 04:44 PM

5-6 Day Epidural via Catheter

I have RSD/CRPS with extreme sensitivity in my left ankle, up my leg, into my hip and across my lower back. I also have the same pain all through my left hand and arm, down my left shoulder blade and up the left side of my neck. I use a wheelchair because I am often in too much pain to walk any distance. A few weeks ago I had a nerve block, with a epidural shot later the same day. Although the pain was not gone, I felt quite a bit of relief. So in about a week I am going in for a 5-6 day treatment of an epidural and some rehabilitation. Perhaps with some other other drug in a drip. I am wondering if anyone here has had this treatment? I know it's quite minor and safe but I am still wondeing what sort of thing am I to expect? Will the anaesthesia effects be the same as a shot, or just more spread out? I don't know why but my back was fairly sore after the shot. I am wondering how things felt after your procedure or of someone you know?

abrown176 08-10-2010 05:02 PM

Hi I had the epidural drip. I had a four day drip and it worked well while it was in and then it was out and the pain returned. While it was in I could walk with help but it made it extremly hard to urinate and I got extremely constipated. I had the pain return to its full strength but none of the injections worked past a couple of hours. I now have the SCS. If you have any more detailed questions I would be happy to answer them.

Emily_Rose 08-11-2010 10:23 PM

Thanks for the reply, I just wanted to hear someones experience on this. Now that you mention that yours was a four day, I don't think mine will be much more than that. I must have been adding the travel days as well. I am sorry to hear you had no lasting effects. May I ask where your RSD is? When I had the shot, it was a bit of a test to see if my nerves would respond. Helped a small amount, and I had about a week before the full pain came rushing back. My hope is that a longer, stronger epidural will take that week and stretch it out.

abrown176 09-04-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily_Rose (Post 684186)
Thanks for the reply, I just wanted to hear someones experience on this. Now that you mention that yours was a four day, I don't think mine will be much more than that. I must have been adding the travel days as well. I am sorry to hear you had no lasting effects. May I ask where your RSD is? When I had the shot, it was a bit of a test to see if my nerves would respond. Helped a small amount, and I had about a week before the full pain came rushing back. My hope is that a longer, stronger epidural will take that week and stretch it out.

Hi Emily sorry for the delayed response as I have been sick and having bad flares in my RSD. My RSD is in my leg. Hope your epidural went well and you are getting some lasting affects.