NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   J. Wesson Ashford (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/130279-wesson-ashford.html)

washford 08-14-2010 03:26 AM

J. Wesson Ashford

Hello my name is Dr. Wes Ashford, I am Senior Research Scientist at the Stanford / VA Aging Clinical Research Center and now the Director of the War Related Illness and Injury Study Center the VA Palo Alto Health Care System and Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University (affiliated).

I look forward to participating in the NeuroTalk community.

yours in cognitive health,
J. Wesson Ashford, M.D., Ph.D.

Alffe 08-14-2010 04:48 AM

Welcome Dr. Ashford to NeuroTalk...my area of concern regarding the Veterans as it relates to the war is the suicide rate. I'm glad you have joined us. :)

Blessings2You 08-14-2010 05:20 AM

Welcome to the community, and thanks for joining us!

MelodyL 08-14-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by washford (Post 684955)
Hello my name is Dr. Wes Ashford, I am Senior Research Scientist at the Stanford / VA Aging Clinical Research Center and now the Director of the War Related Illness and Injury Study Center the VA Palo Alto Health Care System and Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University (affiliated).

I look forward to participating in the NeuroTalk community.

yours in cognitive health,
J. Wesson Ashford, M.D., Ph.D.

Dr. Ashford:

Welcome to our little corner of the universe. We can sure use your expertise here on these forums. I recently attended an event giving support to our veterans. It's called the Wounded Warriors Organization.

Very heartwarming.

Very nice that you have joined us.

Again, Welcome to Neurotalks

Melody

mamagoo 08-15-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelodyL (Post 685095)
Dr. Ashford:

Welcome to our little corner of the universe. We can sure use your expertise here on these forums. I recently attended an event giving support to our veterans. It's called the Wounded Warriors Organization.

Very heartwarming.

Very nice that you have joined us.

Again, Welcome to Neurotalks

Melody

THANK YOU for supporting the Wounded Warrior project...it is a great organization for our troops.

mamagoo 08-15-2010 08:26 AM

I agree that the suicide rate of our Warriors need to be addressed, also, my sister in northcentral KS told me that 3 of their returning Warriors have suffered heart attacks. These are under 30 yr olds from what I understand. One young man of 28 did not survive.

azoyizes 08-15-2010 01:50 PM

Welcome to NT, Dr. Ashford. We are glad to have you join us. Feel free to look around.

I have MS, and I've had a service dog for 2-1/2 years who helps me keep my balance, picks things up that I drop, etc. The organization that trained Montana is taking steps to get approval to begin training some of their service dogs to partner with returning injured soldiers. I think it will be an amazing thing to see and be a part of when it happens.