NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Medicare & QMB (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/130471-medicare-qmb.html)

cherry33778 08-17-2010 06:07 AM

Medicare & QMB

Hi. I posted almost 2 weeks ago that I got my approval letter, well today I got my award letter and I'm a little scared......

See, the qualified medicare beneficiary program (QMB) has an income limit of $903 and the disregard amount in my state is $20 making the total income limit $923. Well I guess if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all since my income will be $926. So I am over the limit by a whopping $3.

My question is have any of you had a similar problem that the state gave you a break on? One of the reasons I am scared is because I am single and it will be hard enough to make ends meet without having to pay for coinsurance, deductibles, etc.

I really wasn't expecting this problem since my last statement from social security was below this amount. If this doesn't go my way I really don't know what to do.

Thank you in advance for your advise.

cherry33778 08-20-2010 07:04 PM

Come on guys! Out of 58 views not one person has experience dealing with Medicare Savings Program?

iMA_bUM 08-20-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherry33778 (Post 687135)
Come on guys! Out of 58 views not one person has experience dealing with Medicare Savings Program?

WELL...OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR STATE LAWS ARE FOR MEDICARE REIMBURSEMENT. CONTACT JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES AS THIS IS A STATE PROGRAM THAT MEDICAID GENERALLY HANDLES. IN MY STATE WE HAVE 3 DIFFERENT LEVELS OF MEDICARE ASSISTANCE. I HAVE A LINK BUT I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POSTS**:confused::Bang-Head:

finz 08-22-2010 09:29 PM

QMB's are state run programs. You might want to call the state agency that oversees the plan.

ginnie 08-23-2010 11:23 AM

benifits

I know for sure, these agencies are picky. If you are over $3, I would suggest you get below that. They will disqualify over less. I had an attorney during the whole process. I am a trustee in a Trust from my family, I have to do what the trust said by law. It made getting my benifits much harder, even though there are no monies due me. The very fact my name was on a document, made it difficult. If you need your benifits comply with what they want, they give no quarter as a rule. In fact, I follow all rules completely, as I am afraid for some reason they may re-evaluate me again. I need my dissaability very much. Good luck to you. I hope you get some responces from people on this list and their troubles with the agencies. The health care industry is BIG and they do not as a rule want you to have the benefits. I guess too many try to get then when they don't deserve it. My experience has been difficult with all of them. The judge at my hearing was the best however. Ginnie