NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Deep Bone Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/131240-deep-bone-pain.html)

Marty SLC 08-27-2010 01:43 PM

Deep Bone Pain

I have been getting bad bone pain in my upper legs and it's killing me! Deep down bone pain that zaps my strength in minutes.

Question,
Can small fiber PN cause this or is this another form of PN?

cyclelops 08-27-2010 08:46 PM

I have deep bone pain, mostly in the shins, feet, back and hands.

I do have arthritis, but it doesn't seem like that could cause that kind of pain in my shins!

I am also prone to hip bursitis and have torn both rotator cuffs. I do have Connective Tissue Disease.

I have never gotten a good explanation or answer as to what is causing the bone pain.

Marty SLC 08-28-2010 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclelops (Post 689195)
I have deep bone pain, mostly in the shins, feet, back and hands.

I do have arthritis, but it doesn't seem like that could cause that kind of pain in my shins!

I am also prone to hip bursitis and have torn both rotator cuffs. I do have Connective Tissue Disease.

I have never gotten a good explanation or answer as to what is causing the bone pain.

I have hip bursitis in both hips and have been battling that for over a year. I wonder though if that's not cause by years of low activity and then an onset of high activity?

nide44 08-28-2010 07:50 AM

I get deep bone aches & pain in my feet and toes.
I describe it as feeling as if my feet were stepped on by an elephant or rolled over by a car tire.
Deep aches in the center of my bones, definitely not muscle related.
I've had this sx for years. It comes and goes, but gets worse at the end of the day or when I've been on my feet too much.

Hermes 08-28-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty SLC (Post 689094)
I have been getting bad bone pain in my upper legs and it's killing me! Deep down bone pain that zaps my strength in minutes.

Question,
Can small fiber PN cause this or is this another form of PN?

I have been getting that in my thighs mostly although in the calves sometimes. When it hits I can't breathe it is so bad. My DX is Polyneuropathy - Idiopathic. It took the doctors 16 months to come up with that. I had a skin biopsy to test for SFN but it came back negative so that would imply that I have large fiber PN except that the EMGs were normal. I've been up to Neurology at Johns Hopkins but no one knows what's wrong.

echoes long ago 08-28-2010 02:23 PM

i get the deep bone pain in my feet also when i stand or walk. it gets worse the longer im on them. they feel like they are broken and im standing on broken bones. not the take your breath away type pain but the crushing type pain like an elephant standing on you feet is a good analogy but only from the underneath instead of ontop.

cyclelops 08-29-2010 10:09 AM

I was thinking more like taking an elephant ride....but, being trampled by one is exactly, to a tee, how I would describe the sensation in my bones.....

Leesa 08-29-2010 10:41 AM

I also get the deep bone pain in my shins. I've had sciatica for 24 years, but this is in the front of the leg, right in the shins. Boy does it hurt!!! Like you've all said, it's like someone/thing trampled on it and just stayed there. :eek: You just can't breathe when it hits!

DaisyDo 01-15-2012 11:51 AM

A combination of neuropathy and deep bone pain can be due to porphyria. If it's on of the milder forms of porphyria there may not even be any blistering rash.

Susanne C. 01-15-2012 02:03 PM

I also get the deep bone pain, usually in my feet and lower legs, sometimes thighs and hips. It feels like I am being slowly crushed by a washer mangle. I have CMT type 2, hereditary neuropathy, small and large fiber with muscle deterioration. I assume it is from the muscle weakness. Walking up stairs is very painful, as is anything that requires lifting my legs,but it can happen lying on the sofa, especially at night.