NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   My surgery was successful! (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/131441-surgery-successful.html)

dimpls 08-30-2010 01:02 PM

My surgery was successful!

Hello everyone! I had TOS surgery on July 7, 2010. Part of my top rib was removed, as well as some muscle, and a lot of scar tissue. I then went through approximately 5 weeks of physical therapy, and am now at work. In fact, today is my first day back.

I feel great! The physical therapy really helped a lot, and I was able to stop pain medication and muscle relaxers within two weeks of my surgery. My scar is barely noticeable, and my constant, daily pain is gone.

I do have a little bit of surgery pain still, but it's completely different from the TOS pain I had before. And, it doesn't happen every day.

I was really, really, nervous before I had this surgery. I am now soooo glad I did it! Dr. Azzizedeh in Houston, Texas, was my surgeon.

I hope this helps to alleviate your fears if you're thinking of having the surgery! :Head-Spin:

Jomar 09-01-2010 05:17 PM

That's great news , I hope the relief continues for you.

Just be a bit cautious so you don't temp fate, as scar tissue can come back over time.
If it was RSI based TOS, or overuse injury, returning to the same may be a risk factor unless great care is taken.

some of the "old timers" that used to post often had various levels of relief after surgery also , but due to unfortunate accidents /circumstances symptoms returned.

Please keep us updated as you continue on in your recovery, good surgical results are important to read about.

sphdallas 10-10-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimpls (Post 690030)
Hello everyone! I had TOS surgery on July 7, 2010. Part of my top rib was removed, as well as some muscle, and a lot of scar tissue. I then went through approximately 5 weeks of physical therapy, and am now at work. In fact, today is my first day back.

I feel great! The physical therapy really helped a lot, and I was able to stop pain medication and muscle relaxers within two weeks of my surgery. My scar is barely noticeable, and my constant, daily pain is gone.

I do have a little bit of surgery pain still, but it's completely different from the TOS pain I had before. And, it doesn't happen every day.

I was really, really, nervous before I had this surgery. I am now soooo glad I did it! Dr. Azzizedeh in Houston, Texas, was my surgeon.

I hope this helps to alleviate your fears if you're thinking of having the surgery! :Head-Spin:

Thank you so much for the post. I am scheduled for surgery this Wednesday, 10-13-10, here in Dallas. I am scared to death. I have gone to get a second opinion and it was the same. I pray for an easy recovery!!

Thanks again!

Susanne:hug:

finz 10-14-2010 07:24 AM

Always great to hear a success story ! Thanks for sharing

beyondmywitsend 10-16-2010 09:42 PM

just recently found out

:( Recently diagnosed with bi-lateral cervical ribs and military neck. my spine is crooked and I am a little upset this was never found before, due to all the doctors I have seen since the age of 15 for migraines and about age 24-25 for severe neck pains and daily daily DAILY headaches. I became 34 yesterday. CT scan, nerve conduction study, MRI, MANY x-rays and so many doctors and chiropractors. Addiction to Rx pain meds and muscle relaxers, and so on, blah blah blah. I can't take it anymore. I was 1 1/2 months from my 34th b-day when I went to a place (chiro/PT) an hour an a half from my home on a lark (heard an ad on radio) and THEY FOUND THEM. Only prob... so far away and so expensive. went for about one and a half weeks, but gas was too much along with the therapy costs, so... here I am. and I dont even really know where here is but could someone guide me into some options to explore? I feel like going into all my doctors offices and chiros and saying "see, I am not crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!" what do I do?