NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   legs and feet turning in (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/131467-legs-feet.html)

BARBARA356 08-30-2010 07:30 PM

legs and feet turning in

Has anyone had problems with walking like feeling like your feet are turning in and legs. I feel extremely weak also. Fatigue is about to get the best of me.

redtail 08-30-2010 09:57 PM

Hi Barbara,

Yep when I'm tired I get the same feeling, I also shuffle. My only cure is rest, which usually works. Hmmm wishI had an answer for you..

AnnieB3 09-02-2010 04:34 PM

Barbara, You should probably call your neuro. It sounds like you are having an exacerbation. If weakness is bad, your muscles can twist your body into a pretzel! ;) Please call your doctor. I hope you will get better soon.

Annie

BARBARA356 09-02-2010 06:01 PM

feet turning in

I did go to my neuro today. He told me to take 6 Imuran pills a day. I usually take 4. He didn't seem too concerned with my walking problems. He just said the Imuran should take care of it in a couple of months. I have been on this for over a year. This is the first time he has upped the dosage. I am worried about lowering my immune system too much. I am working but the fatigue has about taken over my life at home. I don't have enough points to get social security disability and my husband whom has epilepsy is on it and his income is too much for me to qualify for SSI. I feel like a dead woman. Anybody else feel this. Thanks again for your help guys.

Poetist 09-06-2010 03:34 AM

I have had weakness on my right side in which my feet would turn in, but I managed to remind myself to correct it. Otherwise, I would be tripping over my foot.

My left leg is a bit weaker, but the neuros that I had do not think much of it.

Personally, I can deal with it, because it's not my main problem, although when I first noticed the weakness, it appeared as if I had a stroke, in that I could hardly lift my right arm or my foot without a big struggle.

Now, I can live with weakness, as long as I can control my limbs.

Barbara, I wish you peace and mercy. Perhaps, you should look into private disability. I heard that some policies will continue to pay you your salary if you go out on lifelong disability. Personally, I'm investigating that myself, while I have the health to do it.

Lindie09 09-06-2010 03:01 PM

Barbara,

I too have this problem. When I am very weak and I am walking my feet and legs will turn in. It takes conscious effort to correct them or I will trip because of it. For me, it is worse on my right side due to an stroke. For me all it takes is rest and then I will be normal for a while until I become weak again.

Best wishes,
Lindie