NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Found a good one|!!!Finally. (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/132680-found-finally.html)

kicker 09-15-2010 06:11 PM

Found a good one|!!!Finally.

Cleaning lady I mean. Really cleans - doesn't need job, just likes to clean. Way over qualified for job, loves to clean. Was here for 5 hours today for same price as always, we laughed and talked AND she washed baseboard without being asked! Others did A,B and C as told by boss. She is flexible, does what needs doing and is a Monica like person from "Friends". She knows how to clean. And she wants to dye my hair, give me a shower if needed (right now I doubt it) she likes the cats and dog and they like her Hope it stays great. Finally, after a long string of not so great ones, one that cleans like it was her own house. And we talk and laugh.

SallyC 09-15-2010 07:32 PM

Congrats, Does she have broom, will travel??:)

AfterMyNap 09-15-2010 08:20 PM

Congratulations! It's such a drag trying find a good one. Send her down my way next, I'm looking for a bi-monthly miracle myself.

Dejibo 09-16-2010 05:53 AM

I am growing frustrated with my girls. I have had them several years now, and one just had a baby. Since being past the 5 month preggo line quality has dramatically gone down hill. I am about to begin a new search.

Its an awesome feeling when they get it. :cool:

tkrik 09-16-2010 10:36 AM

Yahoo! That's great, Kicker. I hope it continues that way and it all works out for you.

Kitty 09-17-2010 04:58 AM

That's great! She sounds like a keeper. Better put her number on speed dial! :)

TRESA 09-17-2010 06:57 PM

wanna laugh-read this

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by kicker (Post 695387)
Cleaning lady I mean. Really cleans - doesn't need job, just likes to clean. Way over qualified for job, loves to clean. Was here for 5 hours today for same price as always, we laughed and talked AND she washed baseboard without being asked! Others did A,B and C as told by boss. She is flexible, does what needs doing and is a Monica like person from "Friends". She knows how to clean. And she wants to dye my hair, give me a shower if needed (right now I doubt it) she likes the cats and dog and they like her Hope it stays great. Finally, after a long string of not so great ones, one that cleans like it was her own house. And we talk and laugh.

I just had to fire my new cleaning lady because: 1) I dont need to know where my "new" green towels are because I already have plenty of towels! 2) As she grabbed my wheels-on-meals dinner out of the fridge, I asked her to not throw it in the trash as I wanted it for dinner and she told me NO! She be taking it home for her becuz I had plenty of food! Haha-I didnt know pepsi,tea and milk made for too much food! 3) She emptied the dirty dishwasher 6 times!! 4)Washed the inside of the toilet bowl and THEN used the brush to clean the toilet seat-haha-that cost me a pretty infection straight to the ER!! 5)Used 1/2 bottle of GAIN detergent-82 load size-on 2 wash loads!! She was very entertaining-I will really miss her - LOL-ALOT!!!

nemsmom 09-17-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRESA (Post 696029)
:D

I just had to fire my new cleaning lady because: 1) I dont need to know where my "new" green towels are because I already have plenty of towels! 2) As she grabbed my wheels-on-meals dinner out of the fridge, I asked her to not throw it in the trash as I wanted it for dinner and she told me NO! She be taking it home for her becuz I had plenty of food! Haha-I didnt know pepsi,tea and milk made for too much food! 3) She emptied the dirty dishwasher 6 times!! 4)Washed the inside of the toilet bowl and THEN used the brush to clean the toilet seat-haha-that cost me a pretty infection straight to the ER!! 5)Used 1/2 bottle of GAIN detergent-82 load size-on 2 wash loads!! She was very entertaining-I will really miss her - LOL-ALOT!!!

Oh my goodness that's horrible! I would love a good cleaning lady, just without the bill. Do you think we can find one of those?:winky:

Seriously though I'm glad you found a good one, they are hard to come by. Especially since most people starting the generation just before me have NO work ethic. It drives me nuts, I just want to smack them! Okay sorry, but congrats.

SallyC 09-17-2010 08:52 PM

Sheesh Tresa, Scarrrrrrry!!!:eek: I hope you reported her, if she was part of an agency. People who take advantage of the ill/handicapped, have no place in my home.

And that's one of the big reasons, I don't want a stranger in my home.

I'm glad you sent her packing..:hug:

ewizabeth 09-17-2010 09:51 PM

I'm so glad you found someone reliable. What a blessing!! :)

I hired housekeepers too, finally! I got their business card at work, a husband and wife team.

They gave me a low rate if I de-clutter beforehand. All I need them to do is clean bathrooms, sweep/mop floors, clean up kitchen, dust and vacuum. It means so much to me, and for $90 once a month. It's a good deal and they can do it in less than two hours if I de-clutter first. I pass on their name as a reference too. I pay in cash. :sunchair: I wish I had done this years ago. I feel better when my house gets a good cleaning. And I don't have the energy to get it done myself.