NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   RSD/CRPS and Fibromyalgia do the go hand in hand? (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/133144-rsd-crps-fibromyalgia-hand-hand.html)

Jenna Delaney 09-20-2010 08:05 PM

RSD/CRPS and Fibromyalgia do the go hand in hand?

I got RSD first the doctors told me I also have fibromyalgia. All in a year and a half :( after bunion surgery :mad:

finz 09-25-2010 06:16 PM

For a lot of us, they sure do go together !

But this is one of those 'not necessarily' relationships

Fairlight 12-20-2010 12:32 AM

i am so sorry to hear about your pain.
i've battled fibromyalgia since i was 12 but not diagnosed until i was 23. i fracture my shin in the spring and last month was diagnosed with RSD. i'm so glad to know that i'm not alone. i'm not glad that you hurt but now i know that if others can make it through, so can i.
hang in there, gentle hugs

Jenna Delaney 05-12-2014 08:09 PM

Well it's been over five years now and I have been having a hard time managing:( this spring has been less then lovely

chloecasey 05-13-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenna Delaney (Post 1068996)
Well it's been over five years now and I have been having a hard time managing:( this spring has been less then lovely

Jenna Delaney

Did your symptoms of Fibromyalgia occur right after your surgery? Were you told that it was related in any way from your bunion surgery?

In my case I never had any problems with past surgeries and I have been told that there was nerve damage that occured when I had 3 surgeries within a month and my symptoms have increased to awful strange wide spread pain & bad fatigue and other symptoms... primary doctor has stated it is likely Fibromyalgia now. It is almost 4 years post-op. Sooo unsure what type of doctor to see .....my primary doc put me on low dose of Cymbalta....has not really helped.

chloecasey

Check out a segment from Doctor Oz- 7/23/2013 on Fibromyalgia.....very informative!

zecrich 08-20-2014 04:06 AM

I have ME/CFS since 1996 and in 2010 I had a knee replacement and I've been in so much pain ever since, I've been told I have CRPS which now affects my whole lower half

RSD ME 07-06-2015 10:06 AM

hi jenna. i was told i had fibromyalgia a few years after i was diagnosed with rsd. my pm drs np told me that they have seen quite a few rsd cases who end up with fibromyalgia too. its not easy living with both but pain and antianxiety meds have helped me manage my pain a little better. and even though you can use some of the same meds to manage these i have read that they are different. though they both cause constant widespread pain only rsd causes physical symptoms as well such as swelling, temperature changes and excessive sweating. i hope you have a dr who can help you to mange both your rsd and fibromyalgia. soft hugs.