NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   SCS "Trial" (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/133402-scs-trial.html)

lisa6262 09-22-2010 03:03 PM

SCS "Trial"

Sorry guys, I just need to vent. I am on my 3rd day of my SCS trial. It has stopped most of the foot pain, although my back is killing me. I can't seem to get comfortable anywhere. The "jolts" are terrible, too. I have to say that for the first time since February I have walked around the block and my foot doesn't need to be elevated. Previously a walk down my driveway was it for me. My rep says the jolts will continue on the trial but if I choose to have a perm implant they will go away after 6-8 weeks (is this true?) I think the back pain will go away so I am in this for the long haul. I have until Monday (7 days) to decide if we move forward. Anyone else with advise or suggestions.....even hugs would help. Thanks to such a great group. I feel better already. (CRPS Type II in right foot). :hug:Lisa

SandyRI 09-22-2010 05:45 PM

Hi Lisa,

There is a link up above to the SCS and Pain Pump board. You may want to post your question there also. Sorry I can't be of assistance, I've never tried the SCS.

Good luck to you. XOXOX Sandy

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa6262 (Post 697706)
Sorry guys, I just need to vent. I am on my 3rd day of my SCS trial. It has stopped most of the foot pain, although my back is killing me. I can't seem to get comfortable anywhere. The "jolts" are terrible, too. I have to say that for the first time since February I have walked around the block and my foot doesn't need to be elevated. Previously a walk down my driveway was it for me. My rep says the jolts will continue on the trial but if I choose to have a perm implant they will go away after 6-8 weeks (is this true?) I think the back pain will go away so I am in this for the long haul. I have until Monday (7 days) to decide if we move forward. Anyone else with advise or suggestions.....even hugs would help. Thanks to such a great group. I feel better already. (CRPS Type II in right foot). :hug:Lisa

dealingwithtos 09-23-2010 01:51 PM

Hello,

I've had the SCS for two years in November. No, the jolts don't go away so much as they would if you turn your SCS down.

I've never heard that the jolts stop with the permanent implant... Just turn it down a little bit and they won't be as hard...

:hug:

RNcrps2 09-26-2010 09:26 PM

Hi. That's great that you were able to walk further. They say it takes about 3months for the permanent one to heal. As for the jolts I was told if i had the implant(think it's percutaneous) done by the anesthesiologist the kind that isnt attached to the spine that the jolts could continue, but if i had the scs put in by a neurosurgeon that attaches it to the spine the jolting would stop. Sorry cant remember the proper names. I had a lot of jolting and it was suggested to do the more permanent one attaching to the spine. I opted against the scs but it sounds like you had good success with the trial. Good luck.