NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Help with nerve conduction results (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/134253-help-nerve-conduction-results.html)

lynn01 10-02-2010 11:08 AM

Help with nerve conduction results

I need input on my ncv test results. Does anyone know much about it? Right peroneal nerve has absent sensory and motor responses on the DML, Motor NCV, Amp. CMAP, DSL, Sensory NCV, and Amp. Snap. The left peroneal nerve has prolonged DML, Slow Motor NCV, Decreased Amp. Cmap, and no response for the DSL, Sensory NCV, and Amp. Snap. The tibial and sural nerves also have abnormal responses. The F-Wave study all nerves had prolonged responses, the right peroneal response is absent. The doctor is not ruling out hereditary or femoral nerve problems. I do have tingling, numbness, weakness in my legs and feet. I do have high arches in both feet. I also get tingling in my hands at times. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Kitt 10-02-2010 11:56 AM

Perhaps further tests such as DNA blood testing to rule in or out something like CMT. Is your doctor a neurologist who would know a lot about this? Any family history of any kind?

echoes long ago 10-02-2010 01:17 PM

isnt there a conclusion paragraph on the ncv report?

lynn01 10-03-2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoes long ago (Post 700829)
isnt there a conclusion paragraph on the ncv report?

This is what is stated on the report on findings.

Examination revealed absent DTR's on the ankles. The patient has stocking distrubution hypoesthesia of both extremities. High arches in both feet noted (pes cavus).

Impression: These nerve conduction studies revealed the presence of a systemic sensory-motor peripheral nueropathy with demyelinating and anxonal features. Her EMG was negative for an active radiculopathy.

Recommendations: Her sysmtoms are likely neuropathic in nature. I will perform a search for treatable causes of peripheral nueropathy. (Diabetes mellitus, hypothyroidism, vitiam b12, folate deficiencies, paraprotienmias, etc.) I will place her on Lyrica 75mg . The possibility of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease cannot be excluded based on her fmaili history.

My lab work came back normal. As for family history my mother has borderline abnormalities but her's is just axonal not dymyelinating she is 68 years old. My brother has odd sensations but won't see a doctor about it. He doesn't think it's an issue he is 38. My mom's brother died of a motor nueron disease at the age of 59. The doctors never completely found the exact subtype name for his problem they just called it ALS.

Thanks for responding to my post.

Kitt 10-03-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn01 (Post 701031)
This is what is stated on the report on findings.

Examination revealed absent DTR's on the ankles. The patient has stocking distrubution hypoesthesia of both extremities. High arches in both feet noted (pes cavus).

Impression: These nerve conduction studies revealed the presence of a systemic sensory-motor peripheral nueropathy with demyelinating and anxonal features. Her EMG was negative for an active radiculopathy.

Recommendations: Her sysmtoms are likely neuropathic in nature. I will perform a search for treatable causes of peripheral nueropathy. (Diabetes mellitus, hypothyroidism, vitiam b12, folate deficiencies, paraprotienmias, etc.) I will place her on Lyrica 75mg . The possibility of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease cannot be excluded based on her fmaili history.

My lab work came back normal. As for family history my mother has borderline abnormalities but her's is just axonal not dymyelinating she is 68 years old. My brother has odd sensations but won't see a doctor about it. He doesn't think it's an issue he is 38. My mom's brother died of a motor nueron disease at the age of 59. The doctors never completely found the exact subtype name for his problem they just called it ALS.

Thanks for responding to my post.

I sure hope that you can find the answer. There does seem to be something going on in the family history. Take care.