NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Joint pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/134274-joint-pain.html)

kicker 10-02-2010 06:05 PM

Joint pain

I've been having joint pain. Last night since I couldn't sleep, I googled MS and joint pain and found several articles, some agreeing with my situation, some not. I took information I thought relevant to me, discarded others and was left thinking, MSers really are alone and different from each other and not every doctor sees that. Some stuff hit me in the eye - yes, yes, that's me. Other stuff was no, no, not me. NT fits me and my needs better than my every 6-months neuro. Anyone else with relatively short lived stabbing, screaming joint pain? But it does feel so good when it's through. Like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. It feels so good when you stop.

SallyC 10-02-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicker (Post 700890)
Anyone else with relatively short lived stabbing, screaming joint pain? But it does feel so good when it's through. Like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. It feels so good when you stop.

:eek::deadhorsebeat::Poke::Bang-Head: :yahoo::yahoo: You're a nut..LOL!! STOP IT!

I have joint pain all the time but not stabbing screaming pain...just the usual achy breaky pain. Here's hoping you find some relief, :hug:

Aarcyn 10-02-2010 07:47 PM

I can sympathize but no joint pain...yet.

I had a stabbing pain in my head as if someone was stabbing me with an ice pick every 5 - 20 seconds. I withstood it for 3 days. Finally went to ER and was given demerol. Man oh man, it was heaven when it stopped.

In other words, I feel your pain.

sunflour 10-02-2010 08:19 PM

I have has joint pain for years. I never questioned that it may not be the MS. I do have MS, but found out about 2 years ago that I also have Lupus. It apparently is not uncommon to have more than one autoimmune disease. The right dx brought mr to the right meds

kicker 10-03-2010 12:06 PM

Have appointment with neuro on 26th. Pain discussion on my agenda.

coffeegirl 10-04-2010 09:09 AM

I also am having joint pain. Getting out of bed every morning is difficult walking/painful. Wish it would go away.

kicker 10-04-2010 09:18 AM

Coffeegirl, I'm like a really old lady in AM. But my joint pain is when different then this old lady stiffness stuff.

Debbie D 10-05-2010 11:13 AM

Kicker, I get this too...it feels like the neuropathic pain I get in other parts of the old bod...and it takes my breath away the same...
very, very different from the arthritis type pain I experience...

when you see the doc, explain it like that...it's prob the neuropathic type...HATE IT!!!:mad:

Kitty 10-05-2010 11:44 AM

I have it, too, Kicker. Must be a Fall/Winter thing for me because all summer I was pain free.....and now that cooler weather is here my right leg is throbbing again. I notice it more at night because I'm trying to relax and go to sleep (I guess).