NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Alcoholism, Addiction and Recovery (https://www.neurotalk.org/alcoholism-addiction-and-recovery/)
-   -   I Really Messed Up….I’m Such An Idiot! (https://www.neurotalk.org/alcoholism-addiction-and-recovery/134329-messed-idiot.html)

SoSorry 10-03-2010 05:06 PM

I Really Messed Up….I’m Such An Idiot!

I had a car accident a few years ago and needed to see a Pain Management doctor. He put me on 4 – Oxycodone 15mg a day. After about a year I noticed it wasn’t working as well, so I asked my doc to up me. He said no. I know this friend who drinks poppy pod tea, and he said it works great along with his Oxy. The problem is that I was stupid enough not to think it was illegal because I was able to buy it on the internet. Well…. I got dumped from my PM doc when he saw Morphine (from the poppy’s) in my urine in a drug test, I had no idea that was in there until now.

OK….I want to get off this devil of drugs. I have 70 pills of Oxycodone 15mg left, plus about 2 lbs. of poppy pod tea left. Can anyone here help me? I want to get off EVERYTHING without going through withdrawals. Is it possible with what I have left? How should I go about a week by week schedule with what I have left to finally be done with this evil stuff?

Leesa 10-03-2010 05:50 PM

So you've been on 60mg. per day. And you've only got 70 - 15mg of Oxy left. Hmm. Not sure how you're gonna do that ~ and i don't have a CLUE about the Poppy pod tea.

If I was advising someone JUST about the drugs, i'd advise them the FIRST week to cut down to 60mg, the 2nd week to 50mg - I usually prefer to do it in 5mg steps by using a pill cutter. But as it is, you don't have enough to do a real good taper. You'll use them up in a heartbeat. You're going to have to "make do" with the tea ~ I don't know how you'll do that. By hit and miss I guess. But you're going to somehow have to taper the tea too. Good luck on THAT. :confused:

Best of luck ~ I hope it works. Don't you have the pain anymore? I hope not for your sake. God bless. Peace, Lee

SoSorry 10-03-2010 07:56 PM

Thanks Leesa. I'll still be in pain, but I don't care, I want to get off this garbage.

Does anyone know if 70 pills will be enough to get me detoxed without withdrawels?

Leesa 10-04-2010 06:38 AM

I got to figuring it out ~ yes you might have enough. But you're going to need to get a pill cutter ~ you can get them at any Pharmacy. This schedule I'll give you will keep you as comfortable as I can make you:

For the first week take: 3 1/2 tablets every day
Second week 3 tablets
Third week 2 1/2 tablets
Fourth 2 tablets
Fifth 1 1/2 tablets
Sixth 1 tablet
Seventh 1/2 tablet

You shouldn't have trouble with this schedule, but if you do it will be minimal. I doubt you'll have ANY. Some people reduce at 10mg steps, but to me that's just too much. It brings on the "creepy crawly" feelings.

After you've gotten thru this taper, THROW OUT all remaining meds. Then you won't be tempted to take anymore. God bless and best of luck. Let us know how you do. Ideally you should do this under doctor supervision!!! Take care. hugs, Lee

Leesa 10-04-2010 06:42 AM

PS ~ I just counted again ~ That's over 70 ~ you might have to reduce at 10mg towards the last. In the beginning I'd still reduce at 5mg. Best of luck.

SoSorry 10-04-2010 12:33 PM

Thanks Leesa. I really screwed up this time. I lost my PM doc and I feel so ashamed of myself for what I've done.

I'll keep you informed on how things work out. Thanks again.

Leesa 10-04-2010 05:57 PM

I hope things work out ~ don't be so hard on yourself. You aren't the only one who's messed up. I'm in recovery too, so I know all about "screwing up." LOL. But thank God I've got a good home group ~ now I've got 17 yrs. clean/sober. Take care, and YES - keep me posted. I do care. Hugs, Lee

SoSorry 10-04-2010 07:51 PM

God Bless You Lee

So far I'm feeling a bit nausous.
I guess the worst is about to come.
I did it to myself...It'll be over some day.

Fogbrain 10-05-2010 07:11 AM

What Leesa said: Don't be too hard on yourself! We've all been there and got the tee-shirt.

May I humbly suggest you pay real good attention to nutrition while you detox. And please don't be afraid to seek medical advice during this time.

As for pain, any complimentary health care in your neck of the woods? Acupuncture, massage, that sort of thing might not take your original pain away, but it can help it some while helping you get the monkey off your back.

Prayers are with you. :smileypray:

Jeff

SoSorry 10-05-2010 01:53 PM

Thank you Jeff, that's not a bad idea.

So far I'm not feeling that bad. I'm just waiting
for it to kick in and slam me. Nauseous the other night,
but not last night, and a bit of a headache. I’ll take that!

Thanks for being concerned. You both are wonderful. :grouphug: