NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Spinal Disorders & Back Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/)
-   -   Possible spinal issues? (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/13439-spinal-issues.html)

Quahog 02-14-2007 04:33 PM

Possible spinal issues?

Has anyone here had problems getting Dx'd? I have had MRIs that showed central disc herniations at C3-C5 impinging upon the thecal sac. I was sent to see a Neurosurgeon who told me herniated disc are normal. I don't understand why anyone would say this.
Things are now BAD REAL BAD. Everytime I move my head and neck the pain is so bad it makes me puke, The vertigo, nausea, headaches, blurry vision, and electrical shocks, numbness and stabbing pains in my neck and upper back into my chest, shoulders and shoulder blades, arms and hands. This also gets worse when I stand up and if walk. My legs turn to Jell-O and I have trouble moving them. If it wasn't for my cane I would be falling down and not be able to go anywhere. I have a positive babinski reflex in my right foot. I have Hoffman’s sign in my right hand. When I wake up in the morning I have no feeling in my body at all!! I have all the symptoms of cervical spondylotic myelopathy.
I walk with a cane due to peripheral neuropathy (could that be due to spinal issues too? I am currently in pain management but it was recently discovered that I may have Lyme. My pain clinic's NP says I do at least and is now tapering my medications. When I told her about my problems she told me it was from Lyme at refused to listen to me any further. She had Lyme herself and is using her experience to treat me. I guess I wouldn't have problem with this except that everyone is different and I have other things going on. I did have NCV testing done in my arms and hands by the doctor but that was normal. This was before these new problems started. I am trying to get a new MRI but no one wants to help and they feel I am making this all up even though my discs are bad. I am worried that I will end up paralyzed before they figure out what I already know.
Has anyone else had similar problems, and if so how did you get them to listen to you?

I highly doubt that I have Lyme. All the doctors I have seen say I don't have it including an Infectious disease doctor and all my tests have been negative. Anyways, Just to be sure I have been seeing a Lyme Literate medical doctor who can't say whether or not I have it but has said that my neck issues are more than likely not from it. I know this to be true because after an auto accident I had 10 years ago my neck has never been right. I was involved in a head on collision and I had severe head injures.

It would be clear to most people that my last MRI is not normal. The discs are very close to impinging the cord. I can not say how many MM in size they are but they are close. At the time the MRI was done (3 years ago) I was not having the symptoms I am having now but I was still having some. I have no doubt that if I have a new MRI it will show that the discs are now touching the cord. The thing is no one will order the MRI and I don't know why. I am so close to pursuing legal action. I am already on disability because of these idiots. What more do they want me to go through before they help? Seeing me in a wheelchair?

Sorry for my tone, it’s just that I am in pain and upset and INCREDIBLY WORRIED

GJZH 02-15-2007 02:14 AM

I am wondering if you can get another radiologist to read your report and state that the discs are herniated? Why do you say they are herniated? Who has given you this information? Why are both a NSS and a radiologist saying they are normal and you are saying they are herniated?

Quahog 02-15-2007 03:34 PM

Sorry for the confusion. This is what happens when I don't proof read my posts. The radiologist report showed central disc herniations but it was the NS who told me they were normal.

I have just been in contact with my new PCP. she has decided to order a Cervical MRI Finally !! I hope that this solves some of the questions I have. I have also been told that my Lymphocyte level is high. Hmm? I wonder if there is a connection

barryg 02-15-2007 03:38 PM

If you haven't already done so, you need to find the best NEUROLOGIST you can and let him/her be the focal point for your diagnosis and care - not your PCP, and not a neurosurgeon.