NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   "The Doctors" show 10/11/2010 (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/134897-doctors-10-11-2010-a.html)

tshadow 10-12-2010 01:57 AM

"The Doctors" show 10/11/2010

I have been writing this show for awhile about kids getting TOS from all of the texting, computer and games they use.

Guess what? They actually talked about it today!!!

Why is this such a big deal?

Because when I got this 10 years ago doctors told us we were crazy. Many of us wrote Oprah, Montel - you name it - and we got no response.

I am so excited that a mainstream program ADMITTED that the above activities can cause damage.

I really want us to do a class action suit. Please, everyone think about it!!!

We need to contact those expert class action firms in Texas...I'll try to find some. But keep writing the Doctors on CBS because we all can go on as a group. They used kids - well, what about all of us who got this from work and have lost our lives. We must keep getting the word out there.

I am still out in the desert and it is going to get cooler soon. I will give a TOS meeting if anyone will drive out to Palm Springs. Will anyone come???

astern 10-12-2010 07:54 AM

Great work Tam!

And what about those of us who have had spare-ribs since birth? What about using the Dr's show to alert parents to problems their children may be having - so they can be screened and learn to do things differently, possibly keeping them from needless pain and early symptoms? Not class-action material, but information that needs to get out to the public. When I see little kids lugging big book bags to school or pulling heavy rolling bags, I CRINGE!!

I can fly out to be on any show that will discuss TOS and the HELL we go thru to get competent care.
:grouphug:

tshadow 10-13-2010 04:50 PM

Excellent point.

Yes, we've got to keep writing. That "backpack" issue has bugged me since I had kids - way back when - and I was already using a flight attendant's pulley, which now they actually have cute ones for kids. It is an atrocity that schools require kids to carry their books - so ridiculous!!!

I do wish you lived down the street so that we could visit eachother regularly!!! I LOVE your ideas.

God bless you all.

finz 10-14-2010 07:14 AM

Sorry that I missed that show.....you must have been thrilled !

While I'm sure computer use could have set up my problem, ultimately it was a traumatic injury that triggered my TOS

JennyHurts 10-23-2010 02:17 AM

Hi - Remember me? I'm so fed up with this condition, I need a good :eek: session. When's the "party"?
~ jenny

tshadow 10-24-2010 05:40 AM

We are going to have one in Palm Springs Jenny.

I hope anyone who can will come and we are right close to the Agua Caliente where I will ask the mg. for a seventy-nine dollar special for overnight if needed. I do with I used to live where I lived, so you all could come, but I had to move out here...hate it...love you guys.

Love, Tam