NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Just received by UPS pain medication (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/134945-received-ups-pain-medication.html)

lefty 10-12-2010 01:17 PM

Just received by UPS pain medication

I just received in the mail from Total Pain Solutions as requested by PM an Anti-inflammatory/Neuropathic combination cream.

Ketoprofen/Baclofen/Gabapentin (20/2/6) is the combination.
Side effects are rashes, redness and swelling.

I'll be googling more information about this right away!

:smileypray: I really hope this helps!

Has anyone used this before?

Reddawn600 10-12-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty (Post 703867)
I just received in the mail from Total Pain Solutions as requested by PM an Anti-inflammatory/Neuropathic combination cream.

I've never heard of it but please keep us all posted as to whether it helps and I sure hope it does for your sake. My PM prescribed a ketamine compound cream which sounded great until the special pharmacy called to tell me it was about $175 per ounce which would be about 1 application considering how widespread my RSD is.

I don't recall the one I was prescribed being a compound of those things tho. May I ask how much it cost and if insurance covered it?

Good luck with it! :hug:
Dawn

lefty 10-13-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reddawn600 (Post 703924)
I've never heard of it but please keep us all posted as to whether it helps and I sure hope it does for your sake. My PM prescribed a ketamine compound cream which sounded great until the special pharmacy called to tell me it was about $175 per ounce which would be about 1 application considering how widespread my RSD is.

I don't recall the one I was prescribed being a compound of those things tho. May I ask how much it cost and if insurance covered it?

Good luck with it! :hug:
Dawn

OMG! Sorry to hear about that high cost Dawn! For me this is covered by workers compensation. I can only imagine what the cost would have been if not for W/C! I'll keep you posted on whether it works or not. I'm to apply it 3 to 4 times a day to the area. It has not smell, and I'm to rub into my skin for 1 to 2 minutes. Too soon to tell if it's going to work but so far it seems to have dulled the muscle ache.

Dawn...what are you going to do?

gabbycakes 10-14-2010 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty (Post 703867)

I have also used a compound containing ketamine and 2 other agents. Yes, it did help. I would also get it delievered and my health insurance did cover it. I believe it was around $80 I paid $20. Definitly worth a try.

Gabbycakes

Reddawn600 10-14-2010 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty (Post 704354)
OMG! Sorry to hear about that high cost Dawn! For me this is covered by workers compensation. I can only imagine what the cost would have been if not for W/C! I'll keep you posted on whether it works or not. I'm to apply it 3 to 4 times a day to the area. It has not smell, and I'm to rub into my skin for 1 to 2 minutes. Too soon to tell if it's going to work but so far it seems to have dulled the muscle ache.

Dawn...what are you going to do?

Hi Lefty,

I did just switch from United Healthcare to Aetna so maybe they'll cover it differently. Still waiting on my ID number and cards from them which has me going crazy. I'm scheduled with Dr. Richman or inpatitent ketamine infusion for 5 days on 11/8. Would sure nice to have my insurance card in hand for the hospital at least. :(

Very glad to hear the cream is helping. I just started Duragesic patches after my last ER visit and they seem to help some so far.

Hope you're sleeping well :o
Dawn