NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Question about flu shot - also, dizziness (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/135293-question-flu-shot-dizziness.html)

ShellyK 10-15-2010 01:36 PM

Question about flu shot - also, dizziness

Hi,

I wanted to know whether anyone knew whether the flu shot could make your symptoms flair up or not. This year the doctors are really promoting the flu shot, and I usually take one. But because I am so sensitive to medicines and to "everything" right now, I just don't know what to do. The doctors really don't have an answer for me. I wanted to know what you thought.

Also, I am eight months post concussion, and I am having a lot of dizziness lately. I know that there are some posts about dizziness, but I am just not feeling well enough today to look through and find them. Is there anything that helps you when you get "foggy" and lightheaded and/or dizzy? It seems to just be happening more in the last two weeks or so.

I do take a little bit of Ativan if I am really dizzy, and that helps, but I don't want to have to keep taking medicine....

I hope this makes sense. I am pretty "foggy" right now, and I will end.
Thank you for any suggestions you might have.

July63 10-15-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShellyK (Post 705079)
Hi,

I wanted to know whether anyone knew whether the flu shot could make your symptoms flair up or not. This year the doctors are really promoting the flu shot, and I usually take one. But because I am so sensitive to medicines and to "everything" right now, I just don't know what to do. The doctors really don't have an answer for me. I wanted to know what you thought.

Also, I am eight months post concussion, and I am having a lot of dizziness lately. I know that there are some posts about dizziness, but I am just not feeling well enough today to look through and find them. Is there anything that helps you when you get "foggy" and lightheaded and/or dizzy? It seems to just be happening more in the last two weeks or so.

I do take a little bit of Ativan if I am really dizzy, and that helps, but I don't want to have to keep taking medicine....

I hope this makes sense. I am pretty "foggy" right now, and I will end.
Thank you for any suggestions you might have.

I took my flu shot this week with no problems, I personally feel it is better to take the flu shot now than to suffer through the flu later.

Mark in Idaho 10-15-2010 09:06 PM

I have never had a flu shot. I prefer to let my immune system get all the exercise it needs to keep me healthy.

I have not had the flu in over 25 years. I used to get it each year in my early twenties. Since I was directed to a high nutrition supplement regimen about 25 years ago, I rarely get even a cold.

I read a study last year that showed that the elderly who have routine flu shots of five or more years in a row have double the rate of Alzheimer's Disease.

Flu shots are designed to stress the immune system. Live but weakened virus flu shots are less of a problem. Dead virus flu shots can cause more problems.

If anybody is interested, I will post more later.