NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Horror movies (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/136475-horror-movies.html)

Blessings2You 10-29-2010 05:03 PM

Horror movies

I'm not morally opposed to them or anything, but for the life of me I don't get the concept of paying money to have the jibbers scared out of you. :confused:

I'm saying that as somebody who takes measures NOT to be freaked out and NOT to have nightmares. I just don't get it. Different strokes, I guess. :D

Kitt 10-29-2010 05:52 PM

I liked them when I was young but they weren't like they are now either. :eek:

Erin524 10-29-2010 06:19 PM

I've never really liked horror movies. I did like Fright Night, because Roddy McDowell was in it, and it had some humor to it. And I liked WitchBoard because a soap opera actor that I liked was in it (Stephen Nichols)

But normally, I dont care for horror. I tend to prefer action movies and martial arts movies (Absolutely adore Jackie Chan movies)

SallyC 10-29-2010 08:22 PM

I love them. I've been in 7th heaven this week, with all the scary movie marathons going on..:eek::D:eek:

I have to admit I love the Originals the best. All of the multi million sequels are boooooooring. I like the suspense but not all the blood and guts stuff.

Real life gives me nightmares, not scary movies.:)

KajunButterfly 10-29-2010 09:19 PM

I'm with Sal, the scarier the better for me. Ofcourse I only read "true crime" books...hubby says I'm morbid.

Erin524 10-29-2010 09:59 PM

I like the original version of The Blob. The acting isnt much to look at, but it was fun to watch. The remake they made back in the 80s (or was it the 90s?) was pretty bad...the acting was even worse than the original.

It's weird that I dont like the original version of The Thing, but I love the remake (Kurt Russell was in it. Which is probably why I liked it)

Koala77 10-29-2010 11:41 PM

I don't watch horror movies, not ever :yikes: ..... but I do like a good thriller or suspense drama.

I daresay some could say I'm putting myself through a similar experience when I sit on the edge of my seat, all enthralled in my thrillers, but I love them! The more exciting the better.

NeuroNixed Craig 10-30-2010 12:12 AM

I LOVE a good horror movie! "BUT!" I have no use for the slash and gore movies they've been making since the late 70's. I guess that comes from being an ex-police officer and I saw stuff like that for real. I loved working a good murder scene, but that is completely different than the stupid slash and gore, highly predictable movies of today.

Give me the movies like, Frankenstein, Warewolf, Bride of Frankenstein, Frankenstein Meets the Warewolf, The Mummy, Dracula, Mars Attacks, War of the Worlds, The Blob. Now, that's fun and scary but not gross out.

Erin524 10-30-2010 01:09 AM

Can Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein be considered a horror movie? It had a Frankenstein monster. Hold That Ghost had ghosts...and The Time of Their Lives also had ghosts...(that last one is my favorite) If they have ghosts and Frankenstein, can they be considered a horror movie?

I love all of the A&C movies. been awhile since I watched them

Friend2U 10-30-2010 03:22 AM

I like a good suspense movie now and again...but horror is a bit much for my enjoyment. :wink: