NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Time Inbetween.......Non-Length Variety (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/136487-time-inbetween-length-variety.html)

invisable 10-29-2010 08:20 PM

Time Inbetween.......Non-Length Variety

For all of you with non-length dependent small fiber, how much time (minutes, seconds) do you have inbetween your prickles, sensations, etc......

Mine is about a second or two around the clock.

Just wanted to compare notes..........getting that "freakish feeling" again!

glenntaj 10-30-2010 06:52 AM

It's not uncommon--

--for people with sensory neuropathies, whether large or small fiber, length dependent of not, to get pulsating feelings of various kinds that have an on-again, off again quality, almost like an alternating electric current.

I get these sensations quite often--and I suspect mine are often due to mechanical pressure on already damaged nerve. If I pull a muscle out of position, or bruise something enough to cause swelling, these sensations will often show up, and they tend to hang around for a while even after the muscle or bruise heals. Sometimes, even squeezing an area will set them off.

darlindeb25 10-30-2010 07:12 AM

I agree with Glenntaj. I do not have the sensations all the time, sometimes I may even go a few days without any. The reason low pressure cell that went through, did throw my sensations into full force, along with muscle aches and such. Sometimes, I will have vibrations on and off all day, yet no rhythm to the vibrations. Some days I get this electrical shock in the back of my calves, sometimes very strong hurting ones, sometimes just irritations.

The one time I can count on constant sensations is if I run out of B12.:eek:

rose_thorn98 10-30-2010 02:35 PM

I was having them all the time, like you, until the Lyrica. Now I don't feel them much at all. The med masks it.

invisable 10-30-2010 07:18 PM

Gabapentin/Lyrica

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose_thorn98 (Post 710302)
I was having them all the time, like you, until the Lyrica. Now I don't feel them much at all. The med masks it.

The Gabapentin worked in masking the sensations for me for about a year, now they are around the clock again, I think I will ask to change to Lyrica, don't want to keep increasing Gabapentin.

I feel better mentally when I don't physically feel these annoying, painful, rotten sensations all day long! It keeps screaming in my hear.......
"YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!!!"

lesley21 11-03-2010 02:12 AM

I also have them all the time from my toes to the top of my thighs, I am on neurontin and that does help with the pain but every now and then the pain get worse and nothing helps, it could also be from low pressure systems. I also get randomly tingling in my head and hands.