NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Spontanous Cerebrospinal Fluid Leaks (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/137350-spontanous-cerebrospinal-fluid-leaks.html)

Itsmerebecky 11-04-2010 01:22 AM

Spontanous Cerebrospinal Fluid Leaks

I have been recently diagonised of having a Csf Leak and looking at brain surgery to get it taken care of. Does it qualify for SSDI to get on it. I have been doing research and one place states that can lead to long term disabilty due to pain and nerve damage with repeated patching. However I haven't had my surgery yet but there is always a possiblilty that it won't happen that I need more later. Just wonderin?

Janke 11-04-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itsmerebecky (Post 712254)
I have been recently diagonised of having a Csf Leak and looking at brain surgery to get it taken care of. Does it qualify for SSDI to get on it. I have been doing research and one place states that can lead to long term disabilty due to pain and nerve damage with repeated patching. However I haven't had my surgery yet but there is always a possiblilty that it won't happen that I need more later. Just wonderin?

File a claim. Provide all the information. Be thorough. Start at socialsecurity.gov and submit an internet claim. If the surgery works and you are able to return to work in less than 12 months then a denial would be correct. If there are additional problems, you may be approved. However, I don't think SSA is going to make an approval on the basis of what MIGHT happen so you could be denied initially. If you keep your case open by appealing, later evidence may lead to an approval. Or you can wait and see and do it all later. But I think filing a claim now makes more sense.

Good luck with your surgery.

Itsmerebecky 11-04-2010 11:46 AM

Thanks for the information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janke (Post 712324)
File a claim. Provide all the information. Be thorough. Start at socialsecurity.gov and submit an internet claim. If the surgery works and you are able to return to work in less than 12 months then a denial would be correct. If there are additional problems, you may be approved. However, I don't think SSA is going to make an approval on the basis of what MIGHT happen so you could be denied initially. If you keep your case open by appealing, later evidence may lead to an approval. Or you can wait and see and do it all later. But I think filing a claim now makes more sense.

Good luck with your surgery.

menme 11-04-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itsmerebecky (Post 712254)

Sounds Like something similar to what I have mine is syringolymia disorder which fluid stop flowing properly and forms a cyst on the spine causing chronic pain and nerve problems. Yes Take my advice and file the papers I had my brain surgery in 2001 never thought it would reocurr and in 2008 I started to have the same symptoms and I filed and won so good luck with everything.

Itsmerebecky 11-06-2010 11:49 PM

Thanks for the help?

Quote:

Originally Posted by menme (Post 712561)
Sounds Like something similar to what I have mine is syringolymia disorder which fluid stop flowing properly and forms a cyst on the spine causing chronic pain and nerve problems. Yes Take my advice and file the papers I had my brain surgery in 2001 never thought it would reocurr and in 2008 I started to have the same symptoms and I filed and won so good luck with everything.