NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   ssd and medicare (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/138698-ssd-medicare.html)

wdwgranny 11-17-2010 02:14 PM

ssd and medicare

i am approved , got my back pay , and now i got a letter and card for medicare , which i dont need i am covered on my husbands, so i sent back and theys ent me back altetter and card for just hops , question, i hope my hubbys ins doesnt say i have to take medicare my dr doesnt accept and i dont want can they deny me reg insurance?

Kitty 11-17-2010 02:48 PM

It's my understanding that Medicare will now be your 1st insurance and your husband's coverage will pickup whatever Medicare doesn't pay. It's also my understanding that you don't really have a choice....even though you have good insurance already. If I'm wrong somebody please correct me. :)

Shellback 11-17-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdwgranny (Post 717115)
i am approved , got my back pay , and now i got a letter and card for medicare , which i dont need i am covered on my husbands, so i sent back and theys ent me back altetter and card for just hops , question, i hope my hubbys ins doesnt say i have to take medicare my dr doesnt accept and i dont want can they deny me reg insurance?

I wish I had the answer for you but I am still a rookie at this stuff. Congratulations on being approved! :)

Babyboomer15 11-17-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdwgranny (Post 717115)

What happens if you decline Medicare and then your husband loses his health ins.? You will be w/o health ins.

wdwgranny 11-17-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babyboomer15 (Post 717162)
What happens if you decline Medicare and then your husband loses his health ins.? You will be w/o health ins.

no u can have a life change and it will go into effect my husband has been at his job 30 yrs and he is grandfathered :)

finz 11-18-2010 02:19 AM

I am 45. My husband is 52 and still working and provides health insurance for our family.

I declined the Medicare.......heck.....it's an extra $100 a month taken out of your check plus you would still need a MC prescription plan.

They send you out an updated MC card saying you have part A....hospital coverage, but no part B.

If I suddenly lose my insurance, I can reactivate the MC

wdwgranny 11-18-2010 08:46 AM

thank you that is what i needed to know sounds like we arte in the same boat :)