NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Jumping muscles (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/138863-jumping-muscles.html)

busybusy 11-19-2010 01:51 PM

Jumping muscles

Do any of you have muscles that jump. Mine will jump sporatically over my whole body. They don't last but a few seconds, but you can see them jumping under my clothes. They are painless but just a little bothersome. When I was on Mestinon 60 mg twice a day, they were a lot worse. My eye would jump like crazy. My muscles were jumping even before I was diagnosed. I have not read where this is happening to anyone else. I just wondered if it is coming from MG or something else. busybusy

MomYaYa 11-19-2010 07:54 PM

My muscles DO jump, and like you, I've not read anything about that! I'm not sure if we share the SAME jumping though.
MY jumping is like.. well.. if I'm sitting next to my husband while we're watching TV, and my arm muscle will jump, it will kind of nudge him. He'll think I was trying to gain his attention, while really my arm was just jumping.

I HAVE started having a lot of the under the skin kind of muscle jumping of late, but that's not the majority of my jumping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by busybusy (Post 717743)
Do any of you have muscles that jump. Mine will jump sporatically over my whole body. They don't last but a few seconds, but you can see them jumping under my clothes. They are painless but just a little bothersome. When I was on Mestinon 60 mg twice a day, they were a lot worse. My eye would jump like crazy. My muscles were jumping even before I was diagnosed. I have not read where this is happening to anyone else. I just wondered if it is coming from MG or something else. busybusy

korbi_doc 11-19-2010 08:42 PM

This may not be relevant, but,while on mestinon, my neck muscles have been doing the same thing...had to decrease the dosage at times cuz of this....lasted for hours, then subsided...if I'm careful with dose, it is better now...

Dottie

Poetist 11-20-2010 04:52 AM

On rare occasions, my legs would jump, while I'm lying down. Mostly, my muscles twitch on my legs.

busybusy 11-22-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomYaYa (Post 717853)
My muscles DO jump, and like you, I've not read anything about that! I'm not sure if we share the SAME jumping though.
MY jumping is like.. well.. if I'm sitting next to my husband while we're watching TV, and my arm muscle will jump, it will kind of nudge him. He'll think I was trying to gain his attention, while really my arm was just jumping.

I HAVE started having a lot of the under the skin kind of muscle jumping of late, but that's not the majority of my jumping.

My husband says he can feel my muscles jumping when I am next to him. While at work, I can see my shirt sleeve jumping when they began reacting. Everytime I went to the neuro, he always wanted to know if my muscles were still twitching. I told him yes. It just seems strange. My limbs doesn't jerk or anything, it makes me think of popcorn popping. Thanks to all for responding. busybusy

craftyRCC 11-22-2010 04:34 PM

I'm not sure if what we are experiencing is the same or not. Prior to starting Mestinon I had "jumping or twitching" muscles all the time. Since starting the med the jumping and twitching have been greatly reduced. I still experience them quite a bit if I get very tired or overdue it. I also noticed they increase when I'm due for a dose of Mestinon. Some people also have the same reaction from to strong a dose of Mestinon.

Also, google Muscle Fasciculation, this is a symptom of MG and can also be a benign condition.

Rachel

Poetist 11-25-2010 04:56 AM

Quote:

Prior to starting Mestinon I had "jumping or twitching" muscles all the time. Since starting the med the jumping and twitching have been greatly reduced. I still experience them quite a bit if I get very tired or overdue it. I also noticed they increase when I'm due for a dose of Mestinon. Some people also have the same reaction from to strong a dose of Mestinon.
That's it in a nutshell for me.

roguepuppet 11-25-2010 07:07 PM

agreed, I can tell when the meds are wearing off when things are twitchy. It is very similar to the twitchy sensation i used to get when doing something that pushed my strong muscles past tired and was still going.