NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Another rant... (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/139224-rant.html)

EE03 11-23-2010 10:46 PM

Another rant...

a new blister on a toe...a bruise on my foot...and another one on the end of one of my toes. I'm still walking, but I've a lot more pain than I'd like.:(

blackgrapes 11-23-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EE03 (Post 719300)
a new blister on a toe...a bruise on my foot...and another one on the end of one of my toes. I'm still walking, but I've a lot more pain than I'd like.:(

Are these blisters on your toes like red/purple kinda like blood blisters? I get these too, especially in colder weather and they kill. It is like the blood pools at the tip of the toe and it is trapped there. It kind of reminds me of Popeye cartoons when someone gets hit really hard and the wound swells and throbs. ow. Is it like that?

EE03 11-24-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackgrapes (Post 719312)
Are these blisters on your toes like red/purple kinda like blood blisters? I get these too, especially in colder weather and they kill. It is like the blood pools at the tip of the toe and it is trapped there. It kind of reminds me of Popeye cartoons when someone gets hit really hard and the wound swells and throbs. ow. Is it like that?

Yes, it is as a matter of fact. I'm always amazed that others can identify with what I'm experiencing.

mrsD 11-24-2010 09:42 AM

The posters at the RSD forum sometimes get blood leaking into the skin. Are your "blisters" from rubbing on socks or shoes? Or do they just spontaneously appear?

I suggest you post there. If you can take a picture to illustrate, that would help when you go there.

If these are spontaneous, and not friction blisters, I would definitely seek medical attention for this. And see if you have RSD as well as PN.

EE03 11-24-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsD (Post 719399)
The posters at the RSD forum sometimes get blood leaking into the skin. Are your "blisters" from rubbing on socks or shoes? Or do they just spontaneously appear?

I suggest you post there. If you can take a picture to illustrate, that would help when you go there.

If these are spontaneous, and not friction blisters, I would definitely seek medical attention for this. And see if you have RSD as well as PN.

These seem to appear spontaneously, at least I don't feel anything happening when it happens. I have an appointment with my PCP on Monday and I'll discuss/show it to him. I really don't need another thing to deal with and thanks for reading and replying.

ETA, I'll check out the RSD forum too.