NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Mid michigan support group? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/140184-mid-michigan-support.html)

MarriedtoRSD 12-07-2010 01:56 AM

Mid michigan support group?

Does anyone know if there is a support group for MID Michigan? If there isnt, would anyone be interested in getting one going?

daniella 12-07-2010 03:53 AM

When you say mid Michigan where do you mean? Sorry to sound dumb but what county? I don't live in MI anymore but may know of one.

DeesRSD 12-07-2010 03:08 PM

hi

Not sure if this is near you or not but hope this helps

Grand Rapids, Michigan --RSDS Support Group
Meetings are held the 2nd Monday of every month from 7PM - 9PM
at the Kent Community Hospital
6th Floor Meeting Room

Hosted by Sherry and Cliff Mulder

RSDS Support Group of Grand Rapid, MI
1259 Diamond NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49505
616-364-4014

cheers,
Dee :)

MarriedtoRSD 01-18-2011 03:57 PM

We are in Gratiot county, township of Wheeler

Patti_Christmas 02-22-2011 08:55 AM

Hi, I'm in Eaton County, Michigan. I too would be interested in a "support" group. Also, have you had any luck finding a good doctor in Mid-Michigan? I am starting to question my doctor's ability in treating my problems. I am either one of the unlucky ones where every surgery goes wrong or he just doesn't know what he is doing. It almost seems that it's a "guessing" game or trial and error. I feel that they aren't treating me as an individual, but treating me as following an outline in the text books.

It hard to talk to others that aren't suffering from this. I get their sympathy, but sometimes I think they don't fully understand or just get sick of hearing me "complain" that it's a "yes dear" response. I love my husband dearly, and I know there is no question about his love for me, but sometimes when he hugs me and if it hurts, I feel bad about the cringing, the screaming in pain. I see the hurt in his eyes, the pity in his eyes and it is just sad. I guess talking about this with others will help keep this disease from taking control of my life. Maybe if I "vent" or learn about this from people who are suffering like me, I can talk about other things with my family.

:grouphug:

Bill Thornton 03-23-2011 07:27 AM

Has anyone from Michigan had support or treatment from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia under Dr. Sherry care? If so I would be interested in your opinion.

Bill

chick40 12-29-2014 09:11 PM

I'd be interested

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarriedtoRSD (Post 723293)
Does anyone know if there is a support group for MID Michigan? If there isnt, would anyone be interested in getting one going?

I'd be interested in joining a support group.I live in Merrill

chick40 12-29-2014 09:15 PM

hello

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarriedtoRSD (Post 736183)
We are in Gratiot county, township of Wheeler

I seen your response. Do you know if there was a support group started. I live in Merrill. Was DX in Nov had surgery 2 weeks ago

RSD ME 12-29-2014 09:30 PM

sorry i don't live in michigan so don't know of a group there but along with the other great suggestions posted here you may find some groups in that area listed online on rsd hop and rsdsa. hope you can find and/or get a group started soon. take care.

Chemar 12-30-2014 07:28 AM

Hi chick40 and welcome
I just wanted to be sure you know that this thread is on our RSD/CRPS forum and I see in your profile that you have Chiari Malformation, so not sure if you are actually also looking for an RSD support group or rather a Chiari one

Here is the Chiari forum where you also posted asking about local groups
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...43#post1115243