NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   I'm new, and I need advice please! (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/140551-im-advice-please.html)

worstislucky 12-11-2010 02:32 AM

I'm new, and I need advice please!

Hi Everyone :)

I'm new, I just discovered this place a couple days ago. I started reading other peoples' posts and it's just so comforting to know that I'm not alone or crazy. I wish I had found this sooner 6 months ago when I got my head injury.

I got a concussion in June when I fell on the back of my head during a ballroom dance dip. I had PCS for a month. It went away for 2 months and I resumed normal life. In September, I started getting PCS again with more complications. I am experiencing numbness on my left side of my body, especially in my eye socket and teeth. Recently I started having pain on the upper vertebrae of my neck (where it joins the skull) to my upper back area. I'm wondering if my neck was injured when I had the concussion.

If anyone has similar symptoms or ideas of what's going on with the left-side numbness or pain in the neck, please let me know. My neurologist diagnosed my condition as having "anxiety" and I know that is not true. I need to find out what's going on so they won't make me go back to work when I'm still injured.

Thank you so much everyone!
:grouphug:

Leesa 12-11-2010 05:00 PM

Hi ~

Have you had an MRI with and without contrast material on your cervical spine? (neck) If not, you need one - you need to find out if something in your neck is causing this problem. You could have nerves impinged. Ask your GP to order one for you. Then after you have had it done, take the films and report to a NEUROSURGEON and get an opinion ONLY. You don't want to rush into any kind of surgery. That will make you worse than you already are. You just want an opinion, unless your spinal cord is being impinged too.

Usually physical therapy can help something like this. But first you need to find out what's wrong.

Best of luck and let us know what you find out, ok?? God bless. Hugs, Lee

Abbie 12-11-2010 08:38 PM

Hello Worstislucky
and
WELCOME to Neurotalk!!

You have found a wonderful place full of very kind and caring people who share a wealth of knowledge.

I see you have found your way to our TBI/PCS forum.

Here is another link that may help you.
Please feel free to roam around and join in any where!!

I look forward to seeing you around the forums.
:)
Abbie

Darlene 12-12-2010 01:36 AM

Wonderful to have you with us!

Hello and welcome to NeuroTalk. Happy to see you have come to be with us. Just let us know if we can be of any help.

Look likes Abbie has given you some links to get started. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around.

Darlene :hug:

worstislucky 12-16-2010 07:26 AM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the warm wishes.

Lessa: I don't think I've had a MRI on my cervical spine. I saw my general doctor recently and she didn't want to give me an MRI because she thinks it's a direct path to neurosurgery. She also thinks I have anxiety and I had the feeling she thought that the pain I was feeling was over-exaggerated. She gave me anti-inflammatory medicine (Naproxen) and also a recommendation for physical therapy.

Thanks

Quote:

Hi ~

Have you had an MRI with and without contrast material on your cervical spine? (neck) If not, you need one - you need to find out if something in your neck is causing this problem. You could have nerves impinged. Ask your GP to order one for you. Then after you have had it done, take the films and report to a NEUROSURGEON and get an opinion ONLY. You don't want to rush into any kind of surgery. That will make you worse than you already are. You just want an opinion, unless your spinal cord is being impinged too.

Usually physical therapy can help something like this. But first you need to find out what's wrong.

Best of luck and let us know what you find out, ok?? God bless. Hugs, Lee

Leesa 12-17-2010 02:10 PM

She thinks it's a "direct path to neurosurgery?" Well, that's a pretty stupid attitude to take!! What if you had a back injury. Would she think the same thing and deny you access to an MRI?? I don't think I like your doctor.

If physical therapy doesn't work, you NEED an MRI!!! Looks like you'll have to find another doctor to GET one. Best of luck and God bless. Hugs, Lee

tattooboy1 12-26-2010 06:12 PM

definelty is a pinched nerve i have them in my back and my legs go numb

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstislucky (Post 724729)
Hi Everyone :)

I'm new, I just discovered this place a couple days ago. I started reading other peoples' posts and it's just so comforting to know that I'm not alone or crazy. I wish I had found this sooner 6 months ago when I got my head injury.

I got a concussion in June when I fell on the back of my head during a ballroom dance dip. I had PCS for a month. It went away for 2 months and I resumed normal life. In September, I started getting PCS again with more complications. I am experiencing numbness on my left side of my body, especially in my eye socket and teeth. Recently I started having pain on the upper vertebrae of my neck (where it joins the skull) to my upper back area. I'm wondering if my neck was injured when I had the concussion.

If anyone has similar symptoms or ideas of what's going on with the left-side numbness or pain in the neck, please let me know. My neurologist diagnosed my condition as having "anxiety" and I know that is not true. I need to find out what's going on so they won't make me go back to work when I'm still injured.

Thank you so much everyone!
:grouphug:

sounds like pinched nerve i have them in my back and my legs go numb