NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Chronic Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/)
-   -   Anyone with undiagnosed chronic pain? (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/141009-undiagnosed-chronic-pain.html)

rose_thorn98 12-17-2010 12:48 AM

Anyone with undiagnosed chronic pain?

I am new to this board. Been around the PN board. Officially I do not have a diagnosis. I have had all over body burning pain with parasthesias for four months. I've see serveral neurologists who cannot diagnose me. I've recently been referred to a chronic pain Dr. but of course waitng to be seen in a few months. I am taking Lyrica 75 mg 3 times a day but it is not working anymore. I have had to increase it every few days now last couple of weeks.

Its very difficult living with undiagnosed pain. If I knew what was causing it I would be able to cope better. Any advise appreciated.

Leesa 12-17-2010 04:59 AM

Hi ~ I assume you haven't had any back injuries, or any neck injuries like whiplash?? Have you taken any falls?? Have you perhaps fallen on your tailbone? Were you rear-ended in a car wreck?

I'm just picking at straws here, trying to think of something that might cause the pain, but I'm sure everyone has thought of that already.

I herniated one disc just by bending over to pick up an empty laundry basket. The next disc herniated while I was a PASSENGER in a car, riding on vacation -- when we got to our destiny, I could barely walk and I had to spend most of the vacation IN BED. :eek: Boy, what fun. :rolleyes:
Being that it was before the internet, I was stupid and let them do 2 open surgeries on me --- and now I'm disabled from it. :mad:

Anyway all I wanted to say what it doesn't take much to herniate a disc -- if they want to blow, they'll blow!!!

Any information you can give us would help. God bless. Hugs, Lee

Dr. Smith 12-17-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose_thorn98 (Post 726483)
I have had all over body burning pain...

Hi rose_thorn98,

When you say, "all over body," do you mean different places all over your body at different times, or everyplace all over your body all the time, or what?

Someone (I think Mrs. D) recently posted a link to a chart (which I cannot find, of course) that showed specific areas of the body related to specific areas of the nerves coming out of the spine. If that correlates at all to what you're experiencing, it may be something you can take to your neurologist as a possible clue (likewise "picking at straws here").

Doc

Leesa 12-17-2010 02:17 PM

Hey Dr. Smith ~ Good to "see" you here - although I'm sorry you NEED to be here.

So how are you? I wish they'd place the Lost in Space series on my cable. I haven't seen that in 30 years. i enjoyed it. :D

Just wanted to say "hi" --- Take care. Hugs, Lee ;)

rose_thorn98 12-17-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Smith (Post 726593)
Hi rose_thorn98,

When you say, "all over body," do you mean different places all over your body at different times, or everyplace all over your body all the time, or what?

Someone (I think Mrs. D) recently posted a link to a chart (which I cannot find, of course) that showed specific areas of the body related to specific areas of the nerves coming out of the spine. If that correlates at all to what you're experiencing, it may be something you can take to your neurologist as a possible clue (likewise "picking at straws here").

Doc

All over body at the same time, all the time, 24/7 for 4 1/2 months. Began suddenly and progressed quickly. No spine issues, or injuries. 3 MRI's of brain and spine all normal. Feels like small fiber neuropathy, but since I have no LOSS of sensation Dr.'s won't call it small fiber neuropathy. Only test that showed any thing was a within normal range, but low normal, of Epidermal Sweat Gland Density, which according to the lab, may indicate a SFN.

Dr. Smith 12-21-2010 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leesa (Post 726629)
Hey Dr. Smith ~ Good to "see" you here - although I'm sorry you NEED to be here.

So how are you? I wish they'd place the Lost in Space series on my cable. I haven't seen that in 30 years. i enjoyed it. :D

Just wanted to say "hi" --- Take care. Hugs, Lee ;)

Hi Leesa,

I'm sorry any of us have to be on any of these boards!

But better places like this than trying to go it alone...

Google says episodes of LOST IN SPACE can be found on Hulu.com

Backatya,

Doc

razzle51 12-22-2010 07:56 AM

pain

why not blame it on Fibromyalgia ?? Thats what the drs do.

rose_thorn98 01-08-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razzle51 (Post 728014)
why not blame it on Fibromyalgia ?? Thats what the drs do.

Amazingly they don't call it Fibromyalgia. They say it doesn't have a name yet, what ever I have, but they do have other patients who also have same symptoms as me.

ginnie 01-11-2011 01:59 PM

good luck rose

I have a friend in Missouri going through H___. because nobody can find the source of pain. I am so sorry you have to go through it too. Just thought I would send a hello your way:hug:ginnie

MiriamS 01-13-2011 09:15 PM

Hi Rose,
So sorry you are suffering so. I, too, have the exact symptoms you're describing (for about 2 years now) .. burning pain all over my body. The neurologists I've seen have concluded that I have small fiber neuropathy .. although who really knows. Just wanted to let you know that there's someone else here who knows the hell you're going through. Hoping you can get some relief from all of your pain soon.

Miriam