NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Weight Loss & Healthy Living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/)
-   -   Thoughts on changing the forum name... (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/1414-changing-forum-name.html)

janster 09-22-2006 09:57 PM

Thoughts on changing the forum name...

I'm wondering if the name of the forum should be changed to
"The Weight Support" Forum.

There are people that need to gain weight and maintain weight as well as lose weight, and we are all here for support no matter what the problem.

There could be weight gaining recipies, tips and suggestions as well as weight loss recipies, tips and suggestions. There would just be different threads.

As far as maintaining goes, that's a feat in itself! Who doesn't need support there? Sometimes I think that's as difficult, if not more so, than losing or gaining all the weight.

I just think there are a lot of people that aren't covered under the forum name as it stands now, but that's just me. I know DocJohn would change it for us. He's been wonderful and a Godsend to us.

What do guys think?
Hugs,
LS :)

slogo 09-22-2006 10:07 PM

Sounds good to me. Good idea Jan. GC :)

Fancylady_2006 09-22-2006 10:46 PM

I am ok with it~

It sounds great to me also! What an idea. Your mind is always at work, LS
BC:)

JD 09-23-2006 12:12 AM

hmmm

I agree it could use a change perhaps? How about something along the lines of Weight Control or Weight Issues? Of course, we always have to have in mind the people with eating disorders that counter each other such as the anorexic versus the overeater, imo. One could irk or trigger the other. Why not suggest a change to DocJohn in his thread? TC . JD

bizi 09-23-2006 01:13 AM

IMO...I think that people who are trying to lose weight are very different than those trying to gain weight. Different issues.
Perhaps there does need to be a seperate forum for both.
Or perhaps an eating disorder forum...
I am all for keeping it simple.
bizi

Jomar 09-23-2006 09:59 AM

I was thinking along those lines too - Healthy Eating Support

slogo 09-23-2006 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Been thinking about it and really the name we have is self explanatory and works so......?
Just a thought. Am agreeable to whatever anyone wants though. :)

Curious 09-23-2006 02:07 PM

keep the ideas coming. we can do a poll. :)

JD 09-23-2006 04:29 PM

Keep eating disorders all together?

My thinking was to be all-encompassing. Overeating IS an eating disorder, as any "disorder" in eating is, or any time the body doesn't respond normally to food, imo. I wonder if the forum name alone as in Weight Loss would be triggering to anorexic or bulimic, IDK.

Healthy Eating works for me...anything along those lines. That could include the recipes (healthy ones of course, not the others.) I think it would be good to have all of the eating threads in one forum, as it might encourage anyone to eat correctly and care more about oneself. Sometimes when the eating disorders of bulimia and anorexia are paired off, posters can divert to feeding off each other's disorder, and not in a healthy manner, imo. (No pun intended.)
[/FONT]

mrsD 09-23-2006 04:52 PM

I agree...

to a name change or expansion.

Healthy Eating and Weight Loss/Gain

whatever.

I think Healthy Eating should be first...but weight gain is important since
many drug treatments cause weight gain, and many people battle weight
issues today as well.

Illness can easily cause either weight loss, or gain.
AIDS, Cancer, cardiac cachexia, eating disorders, depression all can cause LOSS.