NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   If My Walls Could Talk... (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/143020-walls-talk.html)

Friend2U 01-13-2011 07:27 AM

If My Walls Could Talk...

....they would be wanting a facelift. Or at least they look to me like they are longing for a Spirit Lift!

I moved into my current home,....oh gosh....I've lost count....but more than 10 years ago. This was pre-msdx. But I know more felt like decorating the walls than I felt like flying to the moon. I was working and feeling like cr#@. I didn't have the time or the energy.

So I Kept putting off painting walls, hanging pictures, etc. BECAUSE, I wasn't going to decorate dirty walls or I wasn't going to hang pictures and make collages until I was ready to do it the way I wanted it.

Well, I've had an epiphany and I AM READY. This is my life, not only my home. I am STUCK here. It's no longer just a place to land in between work days. It is my days and nights....

I NOW want to make my these walls my friends. I want my home to be a place that I can truly ENJOY every day and every night when I'm up leaning on the back of my couch because my skin can't touch the sheets.

And when I look out my walls I want them to be a mirror of myself, my tastes, my family, my memory, my hopes, my dreams!

If My walls could talk....I want them to say A HAPPY PERSON LIVES HERE.

If I have rambled on, I apologize....but you my dear friends are possibly the only ones who might understand what I am feeling. Does anyone 'get it'???:o

Maybe I will share some pictures of my progress if anyone is interested? Thank you for listening. :hug::grouphug:

Kitty 01-13-2011 07:38 AM

I'd love to see your pictures! :)

I get bored with the way I have things decorated sometimes.....I guess because I look at it 24/7......and I get the "decorating bug" and want to change things up.

Good luck with your project!

Friend2U 01-13-2011 08:48 AM

Kitty,

BTW, I love you new avator! :) My project will go slow, but I am determined. I'm going to focus on one wall section at a time. I think if I can start to see little projects completed...it will motivate me to stay with it!

I know what you mean of getting tired of things the same way...with me it has been mostly blank walls. But even the few wall I had hung things on, I am going to repaint and change it up.

So if you do any little projects, please share if you like. Because I understand how little projects to us are BIG accomplishments! :D

Thank you! :hug:

mochagirl13 01-13-2011 09:30 AM

If my walls could talk, I'd have to silence them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friend2U (Post 734509)
....they would be wanting a facelift. Or at least they look to me like they are longing for a Spirit Lift!

I moved into my current home,....oh gosh....I've lost count....but more than 10 years ago. This was pre-msdx. But I know more felt like decorating the walls than I felt like flying to the moon. I was working and feeling like cr#@. I didn't have the time or the energy.

So I Kept putting off painting walls, hanging pictures, etc. BECAUSE, I wasn't going to decorate dirty walls or I wasn't going to hang pictures and make collages until I was ready to do it the way I wanted it.

Well, I've had an epiphany and I AM READY. This is my life, not only my home. I am STUCK here. It's no longer just a place to land in between work days. It is my days and nights....

I NOW want to make my these walls my friends. I want my home to be a place that I can truly ENJOY every day and every night when I'm up leaning on the back of my couch because my skin can't touch the sheets.

And when I look out my walls I want them to be a mirror of myself, my tastes, my family, my memory, my hopes, my dreams!

If My walls could talk....I want them to say A HAPPY PERSON LIVES HERE.

If I have rambled on, I apologize....but you my dear friends are possibly the only ones who might understand what I am feeling. Does anyone 'get it'???:o

Maybe I will share some pictures of my progress if anyone is interested? Thank you for listening. :hug::grouphug:

I hope you get the energy to make your walls more appealing to you. When I moved into my house I had to paint the living room. The person before me had pink and white walls.:( I painted the walls blue and have white furniture. HGTV said don't be afraid of color, so I wasn't. I didn't paint myself. I hired someone. I think I have painted every room in the house except the hallway downstairs. Every room is a different color but I haven't hung that many pics. I like the minimalist look. I don't even hang my flat screens.

I would love too see your progress. As money permits, I make decorative changes to my house. The people who owned house before me would be shocked at the changes I have made. I even put 2 flower beds in my front yard.:D

SallyC 01-13-2011 01:41 PM

My walls are saying, "wake up and smell the coffee...this is not you anymore...you've lived here too long".:rolleyes: I even have the same stupid 70s giant mirror over the fireplace....really!!!!!:p

Friend, when you finish there, will you come and help me do mine?

Good luck and I can't wait for the pictures.:hug:

Kitty 01-13-2011 01:51 PM

If my walls could talk.......

they'd tell me it's time to vacuum! :o

SallyC 01-13-2011 02:47 PM

My walls would say EEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUKKKKK!!!:D

lefthanded 01-13-2011 03:45 PM

Eleven years ago I bought our home, a 100 year old little cottage in a quaint older neighborhood. I had great plans for it, and it had needs. Nine years ago I became ill and all those plans were put on hold, as I was no longer able to work and bring home the salary those home projects required to complete. Then one by one systems failed: electricity, plumbing (over and over until we replaced it all) then the roof, then the heating system, then the exterior . . .

My kitchen is half painted. The wallpaper in the bathroom is trying to let go, and I have never had that happen before! I still need work on the floor in the bathroom, and a new vanity. The master bedroom is still a muted rose color that we vowed to change immediately . . . nine years ago!

My walls are not empty, as I have no where else to store the artwork I have created in the last 8 years. Our little house is shrinking as our needs are growing. And I totally understand the need to renew.

We painted glossy white walls a muted greyed green in the living room and chambray blue in the kitchen . . . ten years ago. I am so ready for a change! Ever since seeing "Mama Mia" I have wanted to go with Adriatic Blues . . . you know, everything from aqua to turquoise to periwinkle blue to royal blue . . . to bring some light in. But I can't work more than an hour or two at my easel on a small painting. . . how am I ever going to paint huge walls? For now I am just happy to have the energy to vacuum the house when it needs it . . . and to keep the laundry put away. I know how you feel about being trapped in your own home.

I say if you go, and can do it, go bold and bright and use the colors you love right now. I know when I can I will!

http://latimes.image2.trb.com/lanews...7/41165768.jpghttp://media2.boxwish.com/articles/l...jpg?1268409469

Friend2U 02-23-2011 04:13 AM

Dining Room Done (Almost)..Yea!!!

4 Attachment(s)
If I downloaded these right...here is a picture of the old border I took off...and the rest are of the new paintjob and new border and decor.

The decor is of things I already had most had been boxed up for years. I am so happy with this room...I have to rehang the curtains on the doors and finish a couple more shelves.

These walls are very happy now...but they are a little concerned about the wall right next to it...so I will have to get busy!

My spirit is lifted and I just wanted to share! :D

Kitty 02-23-2011 04:52 AM

Looks beautiful! And I love the old sewing machine! :)